+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Advice

I also don't like that the article was aimed only at men. It works the same way for men and women. Nobody wants to be with a partner that is lazy, negative, depressing to be around.

That being said, I don't actually entirely agree with the message of the article. If a guy is a good, decent person, independent and with a positive outlook on life, I don't care if he has an amazing set of skills to dazzle me with. All that matters is that he is emotionally healthy, not mopey, can take care of himself. Who cares if he can play guitar? I'd much rather have a guy that is happy and satisfied with his job and his everyday life and is a genuine good guy, than a jerk with lots of hobbies and talents.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    That article is nonsense. I'm attending business school and will have a fantastic job when I'm done. I wrote articles that appeared on the front page of the largest newspaper in my state. I went to one of the best schools in the country. I finished in the top 50 of a national championship road race. I have awesome hobbies and great friends. I have a novel and a book of short stories I'll be shopping around to agents.

None of that ever did anything to help me get a date with the many women who outright rejected me or blew me off.

Cue the female posters saying I'm whining. Whatever. It's truth. And it gets tiresome to read condescending articles like the Cracked one that are just trying to tear men down a peg.

The way to pick up women is to be tall and hot, make fun of women, treat them poorly, and generally act like a douche bag. Fortunately, there are still enough "nice guys" out there who won't stoop to those awful levels and make society worse than it already is.
    We all have areas in life in which we are more successful and everything seems to flow easily and others where we struggle a little bit. I know that you simply commented on the article and you're not looking for advice, but I would like to tell you not to get discouraged and continue discovering how you can improve your dating experience, trying different kinds of approach, communication, flirting, etc. that could suit your personality, but also learn to sell yourself, meaning presenting the many good qualites you have and you can be proud of in the best light because we all respond to good intelligent marketing :-)

My brother finished a 9 years relationship this year in January and had a bit of hard time to get back in the game. Then he tried online dating but that wasn't working either. One day I asked him to show me his profile and I told him that I didn't like it and that he needed to change a few things, for example add more photos, he only had one there and not a very good one and also to rewrite his description. We talked again a couple of months later when he got tired of being ignored and I convinced him to let me take pictures of him and I took that task very seriously, believe me :-) I took tens of pictures of him, in a wonderful park, in restaurants, charming squares, in front of emblematic monuments, wearing casual clothes, different suits, etc. I even applied a very very light make-up on his skin (which he hated!) and focused all the lights in the house on him for the profile picture. In the end we decided for 5 pictures and rewrote his description. In order to do that I read articles on line, looked at some online profiles and I adapted some of the lines I liked that fit my brother's personality and life style. Two weeks later he was chatting with lots of girls.The description was catchy and the most daring girls responded that way. The photo with his dog helped too and I suppose that the less daring girls found an easy way to strike a conversation complementing it. There's a girl he likes now and they are getting a bit serious. Hopefully it will all go super. Thing is that as soon as he got the girls' attention, he had no problems maintaining it. So, all he needed was a little bit of good marketing that did wonders :-D
    Last edited by Valixy; 21-09-13 at 08:15 PM.

The way to pick up women is to be tall and hot, make fun of women, treat them poorly, and generally act like a douche bag.
    What a bunch of crap.

That article is nonsense. I'm attending business school and will have a fantastic job when I'm done. I wrote articles that appeared on the front page of the largest newspaper in my state. I went to one of the best schools in the country. I finished in the top 50 of a national championship road race. I have awesome hobbies and great friends. I have a novel and a book of short stories I'll be shopping around to agents.

None of that ever did anything to help me get a date with the many women who outright rejected me or blew me off.
    Going to business school isn't good enough. Start making good money then ask out those women again. The other stuff you mentioned isn't relevant. Unless, the women in question actually have interest in road race, literature, etc. It is not just about offering anything. It has to be relevant too.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Going to business school isn't good enough. Start making good money then ask out those women again. The other stuff you mentioned isn't relevant. Unless, the women in question actually have interest in road race, literature, etc. It is not just about offering anything. It has to be relevant too.
    Agreed with you 100 percent. That was my point. Being a decent, well-rounded and interesting person does nothing to help a guy get women.

But if you are rich, and can offer her money, or look good, or have success/power, you're in.

To anyone else, I respect your opinions, but I don't agree with many of them. I base what I'm saying off of how I see men and women interact every day, and what I see works for guys to pick up women.

You don't have to be rich, or tall, but you do have to offer something that's interesting, which was the point of the article. Being a nice guy is the bare minimum. Rich guys can get away with not being nice... so if you're not rich, what're you going to do to be interesting to the opposite sex?

Agreed with you 100 percent. That was my point. Being a decent, well-rounded and interesting person does nothing to help a guy get women.

But if you are rich, and can offer her money, or look good, or have success/power, you're in.

To anyone else, I respect your opinions, but I don't agree with many of them. I base what I'm saying off of how I see men and women interact every day, and what I see works for guys to pick up women.
    It's all bullshit. If women love your money, it doesn't mean they love you. Or do you love sponsoring someone for is f**ing someone else? Read Mind Power Seduction.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    You don't have to be rich, or tall, but you do have to offer something that's interesting, which was the point of the article. Being a nice guy is the bare minimum. Rich guys can get away with not being nice... so if you're not rich, what're you going to do to be interesting to the opposite sex?
    I disagree that being interesting will get a guy a woman. I know of some exceedingly boring, vapid, and outright dumb guys, but they're tall, or good looking, or have money, so they get whatever women they want.

Conversely, I know of many exceptionally talented, bright, and confident men who can't get a date because they're average looking (and women have told these men they won't date them because they aren't up to snuff physically).

The point is, I disagree with the premise of the article. If a guy wants to get a date, he's better off spending money on clothes, or trying to earn more money, or getting ripped in the gym. Learning how to weave a basket or any other nonsense that might make him "interesting" isn't going to do squat.

It's not that complicated. People date based on attraction: physical and mental - though tastes vary and some people may place less importance on one, more on the other...but as a general rule, it's both.

Generally, if I'm attracted to a guy physically but he opens his mouth and I have to wonder whether he's retarded/illiterate/racist/an asshole, then the attraction is as good as gone.

If I'm not attracted to a guy physically but his personality blows me away...maybe, but it would depend on how unattracted to him I was. If he has man boobs bigger than Pamela Anderson's or is 5'5 and round, it's not going to happen.

After that stage, other things come into play: generally, compatibility.

As for wealth, hobbies, social status...those things don't factor. If they're rich, that's nice...but it's the 21st century...I have a career. So long as they're employed, motivated, good outlook, it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    That depends on the girl and her standards. For me, being just rich isn't going to cut it. He should be physically attractive and also have a good personality. If he is boring, I can't take it.

Girls want everything nowadays. It is all about the whole package.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Girls want everything nowadays. It is all about the whole package.
    Millennials want to be rich, have everything – but don't want to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnus View Post
    Amen. This is particularly evident with young women who are completely average. Look at fearoflove's post for an example.

I'm different...I prefer a guy that has skills....someone that is handy and self sufficient. Short fat skinny or tall....I love them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnus View Post
    I disagree. According to generation studies, generation Y value hard work just as much as older generations.
    Last edited by fearoflove; 22-09-13 at 03:19 AM.

Amen. This is particularly evident with young women who are completely average. Look at fearoflove's post for an example.
    Doesn't matter when average chicks have more dating success than average guys. There is more desperate men than desperate women.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast