+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Advice

Excellent Advice

Disregard the source - I know it's only a Cracked article, but it's excellent advice for anybody that says "How come I can never get a girl/boy, I'm a nice person."

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campai gn=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage

LOL..........like they are going to listen.

I know, but what's it gonna hurt to try?

Try? they will never understand it or get it that's why.

."What, so you're saying that I can't get girls like that unless I have a nice job and make lots of money?"

No, your brain jumps to that conclusion so you have an excuse to write off everyone who rejects you by thinking that they're just being shallow and selfish. I'm asking what do you offer? Are you smart? Funny? Interesting? Talented? Ambitious? Creative? OK, now what do you do to demonstrate those attributes to the world? Don't say that you're a nice guy -- that's the bare minimum. Pretty girls have guys being nice to them 36 times a day

I think this bit needs to be copied and pasted somewhere
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think uh... you just did.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I think uh... you just did.
    haha. So I did.

I meant so that it could be frequently re-used as required.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I know, but I had to say it.

That article is nonsense. I'm attending business school and will have a fantastic job when I'm done. I wrote articles that appeared on the front page of the largest newspaper in my state. I went to one of the best schools in the country. I finished in the top 50 of a national championship road race. I have awesome hobbies and great friends. I have a novel and a book of short stories I'll be shopping around to agents.

None of that ever did anything to help me get a date with the many women who outright rejected me or blew me off.

Cue the female posters saying I'm whining. Whatever. It's truth. And it gets tiresome to read condescending articles like the Cracked one that are just trying to tear men down a peg.

The way to pick up women is to be tall and hot, make fun of women, treat them poorly, and generally act like a douche bag. Fortunately, there are still enough "nice guys" out there who won't stoop to those awful levels and make society worse than it already is.
    Last edited by HDBadger; 20-09-13 at 07:19 PM.

^^^ While I don't agree with all the ideas expressed in the article, I agree with the general message, but I don't think that it should be directed only to men in order to attract women. Both genders could benefit equally from always trying to develop their qualities and finding ways to express them in an attempt to improve their lives and the lives of the others. This should have a positive effect on all relationships, imo.
    Last edited by Valixy; 20-09-13 at 05:03 PM.

Yep, that's right HDBadger. Be comfortable in your failure with women. Embrace it. Learn to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    ^^^ While I don't agree with all the ideas expressed in the article, I agree with the general message, but I don't think that it should be directed only to men in order to attract women. Both genders could benefit equally from always trying to develop their qualities and finding ways to express them in an attempt to improve their lives and the lives of the others. This should have a positive effect on all relationships, imo.
    David Wong (the author) is notoriously biased against men and in favor of women/matriarchy. If you read the article without the prejudice with which he deliberately coats his articles the message is exactly as you describe it.

I hope the women who read the article have the depth of perception that you do, otherwise they may read it and become more entitled and self-absorbed (to whatever extent a cracked.com article can have that effect anyway). It's a shame really, Wong would be a brilliant author if he were more objective and less biased.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 20-09-13 at 09:09 PM.

There are men who lack self worth (doormat) and there are men who are self entitled...women want something in between.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    There are men who lack self worth (doormat) and there are men who are self entitled...women want something in between.
    Yes, but there are also women who lack self worth and others who are self entitled, and men too want someone who is more or less properly balanced.

Nice guys is the wrong term. It really should be weak guys. You can still be nice and not be a pushover. It's not just women, I don't even hang out with dudes with low value. I don't need to be around people who have nothing to offer. Most people only care about things that directly effect them, everything the above poster said was about him, how does any of that make me think you would be a good friend. It is the same with women, who wants to be around with someone that doesnt bring something to the table that interested him.
    Last edited by okwhat2013; 21-09-13 at 05:33 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast