+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to ask a guy for a casual fling?

How to ask a guy for a casual fling?

Hi guys, I have come here to ask for a guys opinion on this, it seems very tricky to me..

I am single, have been for 2 years and slept with the odd guy, had a 5 month relationship in between and now i'm 100% single not seeing anybody, basically a guy i've known for 6 years added me on fb and started talking to me, I hadn't seen him in 4 years and it was more of a catch up chat online, he then goes to say how great I look and that he's always liked me and he was very upfront about what he wanted, asked me to go to his one day and ''hang out'' and he was that forward that he asked what my favorite position is! basically I agreed to meet up, it seemed like fun to me, I went to his, we talked and then he made the first move and we ended up having sex.

I knew what this was, he did too and I left around 10 pm and nothing more was said..i hinted that ''I could definitely do this again'' but he didn't say anything..I left it at that, we said goodbye, I went home..but now I'm thinking that the idea of hooking up every now and again seems great..I have been sexually frustrated and wanting a casual 'you know' buddy, I don't want a relationship with anybody just yet and he came along and now I think I have my victim..but I'm not sure if he feels the same way? he's just come out of a 3 year relationship and he's admitted he aint over her (i'm kind of a rebound then I guess but that's fine) but I'd love him to call me up for sex...how do I do this without making a fool of myself, looking clingy and looking deperate? guys opinions and help much needed thank you!!

Long story short, when you want it... ask for it.. be forward.. and ask him to "hang out". Don't make it bigger than it needs to be. If he declines one time or another, just leave it at that. Ask for it when you want it, and you both know what it is, so there shouldn't be any confusion. Just don't get stuck on him.

If he doesn't work out, I'm sure it won't be too hard finding someone else.

Ya, just do what flux says and then when you're all hung up on him, come here and we'll tell you that you knew what this was from the beginning so don't whine about it. Of course, we'll say the same thing to him should the reverse happen, but Its rather unlikely that will happen since he's mature enough to just outright ask for vagina which makes it not look like he's desperate or clingy but rather just horny and a warm wet place to fix that is just fine, while you're afraid to stick your neck out for dick.

Good luck with that.

Oh, here's the non smarmy advice: Google "Fvck Buddy Rules" and abide by them and you'll have a better chance of not mistaking sex and lust for love. Main thing YOU need to remember is not to do bonding rituals with him like cuddling after sex and sleeping over in one anothers bed. FB means you're in it for the F.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-09-13 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I can't imagine this to be difficult.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

cheers for the responce guys, wake up, don't you worry I don't expect anything more out of him I just want to release sexual tension when needed, reason why i'm - 'afraid to stick your neck out for dick.' is because I've only ever had boyfriends and came out of a 5 year relationship so I haven't done this sort of thing before and I don't know how guys work, if a woman is too forward she is considered a slut or desperate so you have to be careful, I've had far too many bad experiences with rejection and men so me just wanting a simple booty call every now and then I'm wanting to put it across as just that without them mistaking me for falling in love with them and wanting a date when we've already done the deed simply as I haven't heard from him since I assumed he wouldn't be up for round two.

... Smh ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

How can a girl get sex...?? even an ugly one...

umm Maintain a body temperature of 98.7 F ??

just keep in mind...the number of sexual partners you have is inversely proportional to your ability to fall in love...or at least thats what i believe.

R