+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl I like captions photo as "Me and my boyfriend <3" but tells me she doesn't?

Girl I like captions photo as "Me and my boyfriend <3" but tells me she doesn't?

I've been getting to know this girl and vice versa, but I saw on her twitter recently that she uploaded this picture (blurred out for reasons): http://oi39.tinypic.com/k2e989.jpg with the caption "Me and my boyfriend (twitter name) <3"

So I asked her directly if she has a boyfriend (to know where I stand) and she replied "No I don't".

Although I saw on twitter he tweeted "I want to go to sleep but i'll be pissed off that I've wasted my evening and the only other option is going for a social drink, cba!" and she replies a couple of minutes later with "check your dm 🙊 x". (monkey smiley covering it's mouth)

I know these two are good mates, they both have the same social circle with the same guy/girl mates. She captioned her other photo with her girl mate as "Me and my wife".

She told me she doesn't have a boyfriend, but I'm not sure if she's telling me the truth? Someone suggested it could be an inside joke or sarcasm, but there's NOTHING else on her twitter or from her best friends that suggest she's in a relationship.

Should I wait to see if anything plays out rather than inquiring more about it? I'll look at other options in the meantime though

So... you want to have a relationship with someone who's neither honest nor forthcoming?

Hell, she's deliberately employing subterfuge and misdirection.

What's your question again?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    So... you want to have a relationship with someone who's neither honest nor forthcoming?

Hell, she's deliberately employing subterfuge and misdirection.

What's your question again?
    What do you mean?

After she said "No I don't" to the boyfriend thing, I jokingly said we should drop our grumpy faces, she replied later on with "You started it", then another message saying "again". I told her that I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions in the past, then made a joke about having plastic surgery to keep the smiley face on.

She replied a minute later with "We will see". Still getting short answers, but asked how her exams went.

Would it be wise to call her out and say that I know she has a boyfriend? It would show my lack of trust.. I was thinking that if she replies to my question about her exams, that I should say "Knew you were a clever clogs. Bet your boyfriend’s impressed "
    Last edited by fmfan08; 24-09-13 at 03:21 AM.

Why? To what end? You know she's not being entirely honest with you. What else do you need to know?

Why? To what end? You know she's not being entirely honest with you. What else do you need to know?
    That's the thing though.. the caption on her picture could have been an inside joke or sarcasm. I was direct with her and she said she doesn't have a boyfriend, I don't know if she's not being honest with me.

If I call her out on it, it hows a lack of trust.

I think my best option is to joke that her "boyfriend would be impressed with her over her exam results" and see what reaction I get, then see how it plays out over her Twitter profile.

As Boisdevie has said elswhere...

"Ah... the triumph of hope over sense."

As Boisdevie has said elswhere...

"Ah... the triumph of hope over sense."
    This is why she is acting off with me, because I've jumped to conclusions with her previously.

I'm just going to talk to her normally and see if she opens up again with a few "boyfriend" jokes in. I'll keep myself open to other girls, I'd just like some clarification.

Boyfriend "jokes" will make it obvious something's bothering you, no matter how subtle you think you are being. Your insecurity has probably totally ****ed you over already.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Boyfriend "jokes" will make it obvious something's bothering you, no matter how subtle you think you are being. Your insecurity has probably totally ****ed you over already.
    I'll avoid the boyfriend joke. I decided to be direct whether something was up, if she's acting short with me for a reason I don't know, then I'd like to at least know. I'm not hounding her with it all the time, but you're right. Anyway, I'll judge it by her actions on Twitter and forget it completely when talking to her.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfan08 View Post
    Anyway, I'll judge it by her actions on Twitter and forget it completely when talking to her.
    Great strategy. ****ing idiot.

Great strategy. ****ing idiot.
    Either you're going to expand and give me some proper advice whilst not trying to insult me, or you could leave the thread?

Trust that she doesn't have a boyfriend, or leave her alone.

Is this the only female you know? Why are you so hung up on her?

She captioned her other photo with her girl mate as "Me and my wife".
    Well, it must be the truth if she put in on the interwebs. O.o

Yea, she's got a wife and a boyfriend.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Trust that she doesn't have a boyfriend, or leave her alone.

Is this the only female you know? Why are you so hung up on her?
    I know other females yeah, mostly friends though. There is a girl of my best girl mate that I could try to re-initiate talking to, my mate said she liked me but at the time I wasn't in the mood for flirting/anything to do with dating, etc, so I could try that again. Not holding my luck on it though, it's not as if I rejected her.. it's just we stopped talking and that was it.

I'm applying for a new job anyway, so might meet a nice girl. I'll trust that she doesn't have a boyfriend, because really that was her opportunity to blow me off/get rid of me but she didn't.

I do admit I'm a attached more than I should be, probably because we've been contacting for a while.
    Last edited by fmfan08; 24-09-13 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Well, it must be the truth if she put in on the interwebs. O.o

Yea, she's got a wife and a boyfriend.
    Haha, made me laugh

Was just an example though of how she captions things. I've seen a lot of girls refer to their best girl mates here in the UK as their "wife" or "wifey", but I've never heard someone refer to their guy mate as a boyfriend unless it's a relationship. Usually it's either just "friend" or "mate".

I could have just seen it as sarcasm, but the <3 throws me off
    Last edited by fmfan08; 24-09-13 at 05:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast