+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GF pushing proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, BandT? I pay a sustantial amount of taxes based on my income not on our marital status... as does my husband.
    We still pay individual tax as you do. But some things we can claim back on our tax will be judged by our combined household income. These are generally claims for family related things such as childcare allowances, rebates on health spending, kid's school allowances etc.

Of course, personal tax claims such as compulsory uniforms and safety gear would still be very much an individual claim.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Oh GOOD! everything is in my name so I guess I still get to keep my house....whewww!
    Not if he can prove he lived there.. (and he actually was so inclined to fight you for his half that has built up since you moved in together) You can keep your house but you'd have to give him one half of any equity that has built up on the property since you moved in together. Buy him out like many divorcing couples do. One stays in the marital home and buys the other one out.

The 50/50 split may be based on the equity built up? Or is it based on the entire value of assets in BC?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Forgive me, but I thought this thread died? lol

EDIT: Nevermind; the "new post" icons betrayed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Not if he can prove he lived there.. (and he actually was so inclined to fight you for his half that has built up since you moved in together) You can keep your house but you'd have to give him one half of any equity that has built up on the property since you moved in together. Buy him out like many divorcing couples do. One stays in the marital home and buys the other one out.

The 50/50 split may be based on the equity built up? Or is it based on the entire value of assets in BC?
    50/50 split of entire assets and debts.....But some judges can use their discretion and decide what is divided and how much.

I was joking about my last post.....I know I would lose half my assets to him. It would suck balls....I know how most would guys feel......

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456