+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i let my room mate ask her out for me?

Should i let my room mate ask her out for me?

I was talking to my room mate and mentioned this girl on our floor( we live in college dorms) , it was nothing about me liking her but he took it like that and said " you trying to get with her" I can set you up with her if want" I said no, but truth is I'm 21 , never had a girlfriend before and I'm pretty desperate for one. I don't like her in particular because well i don't know anything about her but she is pretty hot. Should i ask my room mate to say something or would that be weird? i'm kinda anxious for a girlfriend but then again scared cause I'm not really a social person and wouldn't know what to say if he did tell her something. I'm so full of doubt, anxiety , frustration , i wish i had a girlfriend since the beginning of high school , but i feel like I"m blowing every chance i get to get one , but then again i feel like i know nothing about her and i would just be awkward and embarrass my self.

**** no dude. Grow a sack and ask her out yourself.

Don't ask your room mate. Real men don't ask anyone but do everything their own way. Approach the girl and say "hi", then " how are you?", then "I've been thinking of you for a while and would like to spend some time with you. Do you like Starbucks, Tim Hortons (or whatever)?" Then ask when she is available. Easy.

I'm a woman and i'd be turned off if a guy sent his friend to approach me for him. I would think he lacks confidence. Do it yourself and if you not really feeling her then find another girl. Either way do it yourself.

Then i guess i'm destined for loneliness, i don't know why but i would rather fight off a lion with a sword then approach a girl and say i was thinking of you... It's like trying to jump off an airplane with a parachute , you know you will be safe in the end but your body wont let you jump , your mind says jump but your body freeze and wont obey. If i try to do something like approach a girl and say something i feel like i wont come off as weird because i'm just a stranger to her. My mouth wouldn't move if i tried .....

Quote Originally Posted by shadower4 View Post
    Then i guess i'm destined for loneliness, i don't know why but i would rather fight off a lion with a sword then approach a girl and say i was thinking of you... It's like trying to jump off an airplane with a parachute , you know you will be safe in the end but your body wont let you jump , your mind says jump but your body freeze and wont obey. If i try to do something like approach a girl and say something i feel like i wont come off as weird because i'm just a stranger to her. My mouth wouldn't move if i tried .....
    Just overcome your fear. Some girls are bitches, it's true, but not all. It's even fun to see how a stupid chick is trying to diminish you with her rejection. Don't believe in such a capability. Next time she sees you, she bill be really pissed off and screaming unless you are able to examine your past from your future. Not so easy but not too too hard, either.

Quote Originally Posted by shadower4 View Post
    I totally get it....Im sure most guys would say just going up and knocking on her door would be a little strange. Just have your friend call her and her friend and go out one night....easy peezy

At least its not your mum who arranges dates for ya.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will