+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex girlfriend broke up and now plans to move abroad

Ex girlfriend broke up and now plans to move abroad

I met her in a student house and we were madly in love with each other and lived with each other for 2 years, she is 24 and I am 21. During the relationship she was very committed and always wanted to do things ad made me cakes and meals regularly and to be honest I could've made more of an effort on my front and she got along with my family unbelievably well. When our accommodation ended and we both went back to our places over summer we were looking for a new place to stay for the next year and again she was committed to it and attending job interviews in London so she could get a job there. Time went on and she started to give up on getting a job after being rejected so many times at an interview, we had an argument over the phone because I was losing patience trying to be optimistic while she was constantly being pessimistic (she naturally is a pessimistic person). After this argument we didn't talk for a couple of days and then when we did speak she said that she wanted to break up, I was shocked and didn't really believe it because this is the girl who used to make me promise to her that we wouldn't break up and do everything for me. Since that phone call we met up and had a long walk, it was a great day and didn't even feel like we have broken up, we even had sex. During the walk she said she was going to see a fortune teller because she feels lost and that fate will decide what happens and if we cross paths in the future then she isn't ruling anything out. It has been a month since then and we haven't met up since but we do regularly speak over the phone and facebook, when we do speak she sometimes ends up crying and has even sent me a picture of her crying but she is still adamant that we're not going to get back together anytime soon and that I need to learn from my mistakes so that I will treat the next girl properly. It's unbelievably frustrating for me because I've never wanted to change who I am more than now and for her but she doesn't believe me. We spoke last night and she told me she plans to go back to India or at least move out of the country as she has nothing left for her here, I tried to remind her about everything we had and that it can be repaired but she said that love isn't important to her anymore and that I will be her last relationship (she has said throughout that if we broke up I would be her last). It's my final year at uni and i'm in bits at the moment, I've had to find somewhere on my own and she was my only real friend that I could talk too about anything and too lose her would be the worst thing imaginable and will probably send me over the edge, especially if she moved abroad. She keeps telling me to give up and we should both move on and that we blew it but i'm refusing to move on until every bit of hope in my body has gone. I'm not someone to wait for fate to reveal what was going to happen and I hate the feeling that any chance of getting back together may be in the hands of some possibly bogus fortune teller. Without meaning to sound sorry for myself I am lonely as all the other people in this house are twice my age and I live away from my family and she's the only person I can turn to, and she is being supportive. I don't know what to do and how to get her to believe that I truly will change.
    Last edited by charlieb01; 27-09-13 at 04:09 PM.