+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you know what you're doing?

Do you know what you're doing?

Serious question here. I think like 80% or more of questions people have about their interactions with the opposite gender are "what is he/she thinking?" or "what does that mean?" or "why did he/she do that?" And generally, we'll never know. Meaning, half of the time we don't ask the person and instead ask friends or family or even random online people "what do you think?" And invariably the answer is dissatisfying because it's just a guess. Maybe it's an educated guess or one based on experience, but ultimately it's just a guess. And often the answer is just something vague, like "they were just acting immature" (I hear that a lot as a reason for why women string men along, for example). The other half of the time (or maybe less), we ask the person directly: "hey, remember when you did such and such? What did you mean when you did that?" And usually the response is also dissatisfying like "I dunno, I just did it" or something along those lines.

Let's say you were being asked why you did something relationship-wise. Regardless of whether you are willing to admit it to others, do you know why you did it? Or is it truly like "uh, I don't know what I was thinking at the time"?

God knows everything. If somebody asks me why you did that, I will say "I have no idea" even if I am fully aware of. Because I don't have to reveal my personality. If somebody really loves me, it's their obligation to understand.

Father, as you see, I'm just a child
    And there's so much to understand
    But if Your Grace should surround me
    Then I'll do the best I can
    I promise, I'll do the very best I can

I've heard, like, that 80% of people using the word 'like' in their posts are dickheads with a poor grasp of English.

Then I've also heard that 80% of statistics are made up.

People answers are vague because they have moved on and feel there is no reason to discuss or analyze it.

Some are thinking it's none of your damn business so I'm not going to answer that.

Or they don't care about your question so they throw something simple at you like "Oh they are just being immature".