+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, is this what dating is really like...?

So, is this what dating is really like...?

This past week, I went on what I guess you could consider my first ever "date". I use the quotations because the background is a little unusual. See, for the last few months, I tried to convince myself to give up on the idea of ever finding a "normal" relationship, and that maybe I should just pursue casual sex. So I met this woman online, and we both were looking for a strictly "friends with benefits" type thing. We texted a bit for a couple months, and then we finally decided to go on a "lunch date" just to meet each other in person for the first time.

We went out for lunch, and then we took a walk for a while. We had a solid conversation going for about the first half hour or so of lunch, but then it kinda tapered off, and the rest of the "date" was kinda awkward and a bit dull. There just really wasn't any chemistry, and I didn't really enjoy it. It seems like she had a fine enough time, though, as she texted me later to tell me so, and brought up getting together again. I said that sounded good and that we'd figure it out, but I haven't texted her since then. Honestly, I'm not sure I want to see her again, and on top of that, I've started to think that maybe pursuing casual sex isn't what I really want.

But anyway, it occurred to me, that this must be what most "dates" are really going to be like, aren't they? Boring, awkward, little to no chemistry... I mean, obviously if you go on enough dates, you're bound to have SOME good experiences, but still. I really want to date and find someone to be with, but if this is what most dates are going to be like, that makes the process seem extremely unpleasant, to me.

You should X-ray her. There are energy points in her body called chakras. If you mentally connect to one them, a female will have to release her energy and get aroused. Some women (bitches) dislike that and start yelling and going crazy, others on the contrary, give up, relax, melt and let you do whatever you want to them.

No, this isn't what all dates are like. You probably just didn't have good chemistry with her.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

No it wasn't a good date. On a good date, you'll find that you won't want it to end
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
    But anyway, it occurred to me, that this must be what most "dates" are really going to be like, aren't they? Boring, awkward, little to no chemistry...
    If you are meeting your dates online, then yes, I think this is what MOST dates would probably look like. If you instead ask women you already know in person, you are less likely to have this happen, and of course, you might get lucky with the online thing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If you are meeting your dates online, then yes, I think this is what MOST dates would probably look like. If you instead ask women you already know in person, you are less likely to have this happen, and of course, you might get lucky with the online thing.
    But isn't cold approaching girls offline basically the same as online dating? I mean, in both cases, you don't really know a whole lot about the person, and thus, chances are much higher that the chemistry (and the resulting date) won't be too great.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it's quite the same. If you approach them in person, you already know if you are attracted to them. Another benefit: you won't have to buy dinner for someone you have absolutely no interest in.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
    But isn't cold approaching girls offline basically the same as online dating? I mean, in both cases, you don't really know a whole lot about the person, and thus, chances are much higher that the chemistry (and the resulting date) won't be too great.
    When it comes to cold approaches, I'd only accept a date if we'd had some conversation first and knew that there was chemistry. For example, if you start talking with me when we're resting at the end of the pool between swimming laps and we get on well, I might accept. But if you approach me in the supermarket and just ask me out, I'd probably say "No".

All in all, I'm far more comfortable meeting a friend of a friend at a party or something. Actually, that's how I met my hubby.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

See, I don't like the idea of the "cold approach" to begin with, but it seems like that's what's generally suggested, with dating. I'd rather ask someone out that I have enough familiarity with to know what kind of chemistry there is; the problem with this, though, is that for me, this tends to lead to more heartbreak, because if there's good chemistry, I already like her so much that getting rejected stings extra hard. I have firsthand experience with this...

Unfortunately, I don't have many opportunities to develop familiarity with new girls, and when I do, there's usually never any "chemistry" there for me to want to ask them out... v_v

No, its not true. I have had many online dates and many of them were great. I think it depends on compatibility and also social skills of the people involved.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I don't think it's quite the same. If you approach them in person, you already know if you are attracted to them. Another benefit: you won't have to buy dinner for someone you have absolutely no interest in.
    Women are attracted on subconscious level. For example, I though how beautiful the lady at the gym was imagining how marvelous sex with her might be. And she somehow felt that. When she lost hope that I would ever approach, she started yelling at me right in the gym in front of her coach who looked extremely uncomfortable. But I had no intention to actually fk her. I didn't even know her name. On the other hand, that's how bitches let know they are in love.

Learn How to Subconsciously Attract Women - Alpha Male Mentality
    http://www.alphamalementality.com/learn-how-subconsciously-attract-women

Do you not have a social life? Hang out with friends? Have a hobby, an interest, something you like to do in your spare time? If you don't go out and do stuff then how can you meet someone? Socializing at an event, a pub, a concert, festival, museum, library, bookstore, coffee shop.....gives you the opportunity to meet, and chat with...then if you make a connection you ask for their number so you can ask them on a date. that's how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnus View Post
    Women are attracted on subconscious level. For example, I though how beautiful the lady at the gym was imagining how marvelous sex with her might be. And she somehow felt that. When she lost hope that I would ever approach, she started yelling at me right in the gym in front of her coach who looked extremely uncomfortable. But I had no intention to actually fk her. I didn't even know her name. On the other hand, that's how bitches let know they are in love.

Learn How to Subconsciously Attract Women - Alpha Male Mentality
    http://www.alphamalementality.com/learn-how-subconsciously-attract-women
    You are not even a good troll......no entertainment value here.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You are not even a good troll......no entertainment value here.
    I wonder if you like Celtic Woman, my precious.

Cold approached is rarely a good idea.....unless you just play the numbers game. Go out with friends or join a social club

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast