+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get him back?

How to get him back?

Hello there!

I have been in a relationship with an amazing man for more than 6 months, we got into an argument (he said he couldn't take the relationship anymore because it was hurting), and he broke-up with me.
    For days I tried to get him back, because he really means the world to me (I know what I did was wrong, it only pushed him further away), and after I tried everything to get him back, he said he wanted to make things right with me, but didn't anymore because I made him angry.
    This has been going on for about a month now, but we're still having some kind of contact. I've read a lot of articles on the internet saying the 'No Contact rule' is the best thing to do right now, but the problem is, he keeps contacting me every once in a while. Says he still loves me, doesn't want to lose me and still wants to keep me in his life.... as friends.
    I know he's not into someone else and he said that if God wants us to be together, we will be together, just not right now.
    Another thing that frustrates me, are his tweets. He keeps on tweeting about how he misses someone and how he misses the other half of his heart, how he misses old times with someone, how he used to go to sleep smiling, while he's going to sleep upset right now.. I just don't know whether I should feel connected to those tweets..
    And I don't have any idea what to do anymore, everything I tried to get him back made everything worse and his signs are so confusing.. Two months ago he told me he never loved anyone as much as he loved me and now he just acts like we were never more than friends..

So my question is, can someone please tell me what to do, or what all of this means?
    I'm a girl, so maybe that's just the reason I don't understand anything of what's going on right now, I hope that someone can help me..
    This man really means the world to me and I don't want to lose him forever, I don't want to see him with someone else.. I wish he could just be mine again..

i'm on the similar situation so i dont really know how can i ever help you (because i literally screwed up worse than you) but i can tell you that you're so so lucky to get to talk to him once in a while, i cant even talk to my ex boyfriend he just doesnt get back to me and i cant reach him even know we're at the same school. in your case, without him hating you and stuff which is awesome, i'd tell you to go talk to him clear about getting together again, but dont just jump into his arms saying "i wanna be together again, i love you" and stuff. say something like "i thought a lot about you these days" and then wait so he says "what did you think?". then its time to say "maybe we should try again without hurting each other" or just the first section of that sentence. hope it helps you, hope you get back but if you dont have a whole pain in your ass, i would definitely tell you to stop thinking about him and go on, because i literally cant and i would SO want to be you right now, because pain i'm having is incredible and you're so lucky; just use it i think. hope it helps again!

Quote Originally Posted by itsmeezgi View Post
    i'm on the similar situation so i dont really know how can i ever help you (because i literally screwed up worse than you) but i can tell you that you're so so lucky to get to talk to him once in a while, i cant even talk to my ex boyfriend he just doesnt get back to me and i cant reach him even know we're at the same school. in your case, without him hating you and stuff which is awesome, i'd tell you to go talk to him clear about getting together again, but dont just jump into his arms saying "i wanna be together again, i love you" and stuff. say something like "i thought a lot about you these days" and then wait so he says "what did you think?". then its time to say "maybe we should try again without hurting each other" or just the first section of that sentence. hope it helps you, hope you get back but if you dont have a whole pain in your ass, i would definitely tell you to stop thinking about him and go on, because i literally cant and i would SO want to be you right now, because pain i'm having is incredible and you're so lucky; just use it i think. hope it helps again!
    Thanks a lot for your reaction, although it sounds so easy the way you explained it, he told me a few times that he doesn't want to get back together, he literally told me 10 times 'It's over', still he doesn't want me out of his life, I'm so freakin' confused. We had a lot of amazing times together but he can't seem to forget the way we hurt each other, I'm willing to do anything to get him back but I'm afraid I'm going to make it all worse again.. My friend told me; give him some time, he will come back. But until now he didn't.. I just really CAN'T stop thinking about him and I can't let him go, he means everything to me..

I want to suggest you one thing that you must find out that what activities or thing about you make him angry. You must know about her like and dislikes. Then try to make yourself as he want and prove that you totally changed and will never hurt again. And also show him that he is only your world and nothing is important without her.

Quote Originally Posted by anchel1231 View Post
    I want to suggest you one thing that you must find out that what activities or thing about you make him angry. You must know about her like and dislikes. Then try to make yourself as he want and prove that you totally changed and will never hurt again. And also show him that he is only your world and nothing is important without her.
    I kind of know what he likes and dislikes and I've changed in some ways, just to make everything better. But then he starts saying things like; 'You've changed too much, I liked the old you better the new one sucks'.
    I mean like, couldn't handle being hurt more, so I've changed that, and now he likes the old me better?