+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: women asking out men

women asking out men

Hi, there’s this girl I’ve known for a short while, we’ve talked in person briefly on a few occasions but nothing too in depth.
    I had a feeling she might like me and then the other day she asked me out for a drink (via message).
    Anyway, I said yes but I’m already feeling a bit funny about her asking me out, I know women can ask men out too but what this is still a strange concept to me, because I have nearly always asked a girl out. What does it usually mean when a girl asks out a guy? What does it say about the woman?
    Maybe I’m reading too much into this and but I'm just curious. Any men on here had experiences with women who’ve asked them out…?

It doesn't say anything about her other then she wants your company. Just go have a drink

Quote Originally Posted by john219 View Post
    What does it say about the woman?
    She's in heat.

It means she believes in equality of the sexes. It means that she's not afraid to go after something she wants. It means that she won't buy into stereotypical behaviour of the sexes. It means that she's emotionally strong enough to handle rejection.

You will probably also find that she's more than happy to take turns paying - one of the benefits of equality.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It means she's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    It doesn't say anything about her other then she wants your company. Just go have a drink
    It means she thinks you're cute, digs on you at least a little, and isn't a sexist pig. Go have a drink.

I think the others gave you great advice, so I will just add that this is a problem I certainly wish I had. LOL!

Yeah dude, she sounds like a winner. I love women who aren't afraid to initiate contact. Despite popular belief, its just as intimidating for a girl to approach a guy as it is for a guy to approach a girl. This girl sounds confident which is a positive trait.

I can't believe some people actually don't like it if a woman asks them out. Saving this thread for future reference...

Hi,

It means something's wrong. Although i hope it works out between u n her but i 've been in this situation before and these women are very demanding . They are more like men and they would really drive you crazy. To be honest, lets face it, the nature has made things the way they are now. Its the guy who initiates the contact and not the girl.

PS: I am not generalizing in any way , but i just thought i should share my experience )

Good Luck

^^^ wow. Huh. So if I was single and met a good man whom I knew was also single, we got along well and shared some chemistry and after a time, sensed he wanted to spend time but seemed too shy to ask so one day I built up the courage to ask him, in your opinion 'stinger' this means something is wrong with me? Hmm. Interesting. I'll have to disagree. What year is this again? Oh yes, 2000 something. Indeed.
    John, if you like this lady, just go for it. Could be as simple as this; gee, she likes you, she would like to get to know you better and what's so wrong about that? Not a thing. Go for it. There's nothing wrong with a lady expressing the desire to know a man better. Nothing at all.
    goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Hi,

It means something's wrong. Although i hope it works out between u n her but i 've been in this situation before and these women are very demanding . They are more like men and they would really drive you crazy. To be honest, lets face it, the nature has made things the way they are now. Its the guy who initiates the contact and not the girl.

PS: I am not generalizing in any way , but i just thought i should share my experience )

Good Luck
    That's because you live in India. It varies in different cultures in these kind of situations.

If you are insinuating that if a girl asks a guy out must mean she is promiscous...you can get that with a girl you ask out yourself. Some women are ok with tradition, others that step out of those traditions are just being confident in themselves. I know lots of guys that welcome this, because asking someone out can be unnerving for some.

A woman who asks out a man, is clearly confident in herself. This is a quality you should admire. Go for drinks, and see how it goes
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by john219 View Post
    What does it usually mean when a girl asks out a guy?

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here but when a girl asks a guy out I think it means she wants to go out with him.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 05-10-13 at 05:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast