+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Share Your Marriage Story

Share Your Marriage Story

Can You Pleaese Share With Me Your Marriage Story

I would like to hear marriage stories as well

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Like how people met, or how their marriage is going? What kind of 'stories' are you looking for?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Like how people met, or how their marriage is going? What kind of 'stories' are you looking for?
    I think OP meant how they met and fell in love and got married.

I was married for 17 years, had 2 children in that time and then found out my ex had been having some extra marital fun without including me!! I had some suspicions but didn't really ever have any proof, just a feeling.

Took me quite a while to get over it and move on with my life, I would say some part of me is still probably affected by his behaviour and the fact I was living a lie for so long.

I believe in marraige and would at some point in the future like to go down that road again.
    Last edited by bessieb; 01-11-13 at 11:43 AM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well let's see.....got married the first time at 24 (I met him at 22) to a guy who basically convinced me I was in love with him (I had serious doubts right from the start). He cheated constantly, I kept taking him back because I was young and dumb. Took me over 2 years to finally send him packing and outright divorced him two years later when he started saying we should try and work things out, which is coincidentally when I met my now-husband.

I remarried at 30 to a fantastic man who is the exact opposite of my ex and I am beyond happy, over 6 years later.

It was a crap story to begin with, but ended up to be not only a good learning experience and an eye-opener that let me learn to appreciate someone who really knew how to love and respect me. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten my good marriage without the crappy first one.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I was dating a guy who wasn't that great of a boyfriend... controlling, cheater, etc. We had a serious relationship, however.

At this point in time I was looking through some pictures at my friend's house and saw one with a really cute guy with glasses. I said "Wow this guy is adorable!" My friend said "That is the guy I would set you up with if you ever broke up with....". So coincidentally, a few weeks later I was broken up with my boyfriend. Then, A DIFFERENT friend suggested that they set me up with my now hubby. The other friend said "Yeah that's what I thought too!" So they arranged a party at hubby's house and the rest is history. We were both smitten at first sight.

Oddly enough, the day he called to ask me out on our first official date was Sept. 11, 2001., the day of the Trade Center attacks. xD

I met my husband at a business card exchange. I thought he was gorgeous & I was in the mood to date a NSA player. (I liked players because they give good date) He looked perfect. Ironically my husband couldn't be a player even if he'd been given instructions.

About 6 weeks into our relationship my EX died & my husband (then brand new boyfriend) put up with an awful lot while I grieved & tried to help my EX's son cope. His understanding & support through such an awful time made me fall in love with him.

We dated for about 2.5 years. He took me on a cruise & proposed one night at dinner.

We've been married for 5 years. The begining was an adjustment but I think the trials we faced together made us stonger as a couple. I'm a strong woman but I have always said he's strong enough to let me be weak, which is very rare.

About 1.5 years ago we were on a trip with my family & I was furious at my husband because he didn't set up my international phone before we left like I asked him to. I needed it for work & here I was trapped in Europe with no way to call the US. Many of my family members gave me awful suggestions about how to deal with my anger. I couldn't believe them. I was like it's a phone, not grounds for divorce. No wonder all of them were divorced. It was ridiculous. I was pissed for about 12 hours but figured out a solution & got over it. My husband also had a point that since it was for business I should have done it myself rather than delegate it to him; when I pointed out that I was doing other stuff for him instead of taking care of the phone, he realized that he bore some responsibility for the problem.

I was in college; I'd just got out of the shittiest relationship ever in my life, abused alcohol, came down with mono, and almost dropped out of school because I was just miserable. Glad I didn't. It turned out to be the best school year of my entire college memories, actually. My first class of the semester is when I saw her and I instantly fell head over heels for her beauty. We were friends at first, and got romantically involved. We got married on our two year anniversary and have been together ever since. The rest is none of your business :-)

I met my husband when I was 17. I got my first job where he was working at the time. When I met him he was already married but they were separated. We started talking and found out we had alot in common. When I turned 18 we moved in together and have been living together for years. He finally got his divorce about 4 years after we had been living together. We got married this past May and are very happy. We have had our ups and down but that's every marriage.