+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sex before marriage??? Please help!

Sex before marriage??? Please help!

Ok, I'm sure this was probably posted before and if it was then I am sorry. Anyways, I don't believe in premarital sex and I was wondering if there is anyone out there who feels the same way??? My boyfriend wants to, and I want to, but I can't because of my believes. Just looking to see what others feel on this topic.

First, let me answer the question concerning your boyfriend and then spill on the subject.

I think you need to decide how important your religious or faith-based beliefs are to you. If you are asking, then I guess you have some doubt. One thing I do notice is he might not respect your decision if he knows where you stand but still suggests it, and if I have to tell you what your response to that should be, you are in the wrong forum getting the wrong help.

The answer you would hear from a person who has been in the "moment" and got out for faith-based reasons (me in the past) is to avoid the situation, avoid the discussion, and then if all else fails, avoid him.

The answer you would hear from me now is that you have to decide for yourself if you would be ready to take that step and accept the consequences. Not just the obvious consequences, but the risks to both your body and your mind. Yes, it is fun.

Spillage:

I will admit, at one point I was very adimant about my celibacy.

In its defense, it kept my mind intact. My sex drive had not been awaken yet. Now, I have to deal with emotions caused by an overactive sex drive. This has thrown me into depression and caused me to make some rather rash decisions sexually. So, I actually wish I still had my innocence.

Since what's done is done, I think that sex should be something enjoyed responsably, and if you believe that that is only within marriage because of your faith (and don't let this be just a part of your "religion"), I think that that is a perfectly acceptable belief. But place it in terms of responsability and not because someone told you to interpret a text in a certain way.

You may agree with the interpretation, but what scriptures I have read are very vauge, and if they are vauge, I usually consider translation error or a religious blank check to tell people what they want them to know, rather than the truth. But, I need to end this here. This isn't a philosophy debate or Theology 101.

Good luck and do what's best for you.
    Last edited by Sapphire; 07-09-03 at 02:48 AM.
    Annonymity is a wonderful thing

eternal love

Your adherence to these religious beliefs will result in divine blessings that others, who look for immediate gratification, will never know. If your boyfriend truly loves you, he will respect this.

What a systematical reply.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ahh..i'll make it simple. you're confused about having sex and it's against your religion. well just wait, i mean waiting around another few years won't hurt right? you can't undo your mistakes and if you think you're going to make one, then wait. having sex later is always an option. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    You can wait for a few more years. It's not going to kill you and it sure as hell won't kill him. If he doesn't understand, then it's time for both of you to move on.

I didn't wait, though.

LINEBACKER 2