+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with this girl?

Help with this girl?

Ok, so there is this girl in my general biology class who sits two rows across from me and the seat between us is empty. During class she always looks at me. Whether it be quick glances or attempts to fix her hair to the side. When she does that I know she is looking at me very quickly to see if I glance back to notice her or something. I make believe my focus is on the instructor, but my peripheral vision always catches her eyes looking at me. Now I am not shy and I have no difficulty with girls or relationships. Its just I respect women enough to not stare at the or eye **** them I try to focus on the topics going on in class. Its just she has been doing this every single day we have class. I even tried testing my theory by waiting a bit when class was dismissed taking longer than usual to pack my things. She did the same thing on two occasions that I have done this. The first time I left first and went down the stairs. She was nowhere in site. Today being the second time I spoke to the instructor and she left class. After speaking with her I went down the stairs towards the parking lot and saw her walking ahead of me. Fueled with curiosity I walked faster to catch up to her. She looked back four times very subtle. I finally caught up and said she. She responded back saying hey. I then asked her if she was looking at me during class and she said why? At that point I was thinking to myself hm... Why? Of all things why? I told myself instantly that means yes and she's trying to see if I approve of her interest in me. I told her honestly why I was asking. I said because my peripheral vision could be ****ing with me, but I feel like you are and I was just wondering. She then said no with a smile. She was smiling the whole conversation. I said "Ok" and then parted ways and went to my car.

I can't help but think that when she said why that meant yes and maybe she was nervous. She never says a word during class and neither do I.

Any thoughts? What do you think? Or am I just full of myself?

Thanks in advance.

Answering a question with a question doesn't mean 'yes'. It means that she's avoiding answering the question. It's a classic ploy.

Anyway, I think you approached her badly. It would have been very uncomfortable to have you come up and say "were you looking at me in class?". Though it's equally weird of her to just stare at you. I don't suppose you have a weird haircut or huge piercings or some type of physical abnormality?

If you want to get to know her, start by talking with her about general stuff or class topics. If you don't want to ask her out, just tell her to quit staring at you - or ignore it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Answering a question with a question doesn't mean 'yes'. It means that she's avoiding answering the question. It's a classic ploy.

Anyway, I think you approached her badly. It would have been very uncomfortable to have you come up and say "were you looking at me in class?". Though it's equally weird of her to just stare at you. I don't suppose you have a weird haircut or huge piercings or some type of physical abnormality?

If you want to get to know her, start by talking with her about general stuff or class topics. If you don't want to ask her out, just tell her to quit staring at you - or ignore it.
    I do want to ask her out. I will try again when the opportunity presents itself I guess.

If you like her just go for it, don't wait for her to talk to you because you've already tried to find out and she obviously got a little nervous....if she says yes great and then if she says no, let her look at your fine self *lol*

I think you're in a good way. If she was not looking at you at all, once you asked her, she would just frown or shrug and make that face like "wtf this weirdo wants?".
    If she was smiling all the time and not acting like she was confused.

Ask her out man. Shoot I would even sit next to her next class strike up a conversation and then ask her out.

Damn I miss college, it was so easy to meet girls and your case in point is exactly how I used to do it. Find a hot girl in class, strike up a conversation, be funny/whitty, and then I had a date for the weekend.