+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with this girl?

Help with this girl?

Ok, so there is this girl in my general biology class who sits two rows across from me and the seat between us is empty. During class she always looks at me. Whether it be quick glances or attempts to fix her hair to the side. When she does that I know she is looking at me very quickly to see if I glance back to notice her or something. I make believe my focus is on the instructor, but my peripheral vision always catches her eyes looking at me. Now I am not shy and I have no difficulty with girls or relationships. Its just I respect women enough to not stare at the or eye **** them I try to focus on the topics going on in class. Its just she has been doing this every single day we have class. I even tried testing my theory by waiting a bit when class was dismissed taking longer than usual to pack my things. She did the same thing on two occasions that I have done this. The first time I left first and went down the stairs. She was nowhere in site. Today being the second time I spoke to the instructor and she left class. After speaking with her I went down the stairs towards the parking lot and saw her walking ahead of me. Fueled with curiosity I walked faster to catch up to her. She looked back four times very subtle. I finally caught up and said she. She responded back saying hey. I then asked her if she was looking at me during class and she said why? At that point I was thinking to myself hm... Why? Of all things why? I told myself instantly that means yes and she's trying to see if I approve of her interest in me. I told her honestly why I was asking. I said because my peripheral vision could be ****ing with me, but I feel like you are and I was just wondering. She then said no with a smile. She was smiling the whole conversation. I said "Ok" and then parted ways and went to my car.

I can't help but think that when she said why that meant yes and maybe she was nervous. She never says a word during class and neither do I.

Any thoughts? What do you think? Or am I just full of myself?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by John1212 View Post
    I try to focus on the topics going on in class
    That's stupid. Say to her: "I can't imaging biology studies without genetic control of cell growth, differentiation and morphogenesis. I have a project on my mind to perform an experiment on the hypothesis the instructor talked about. Can you help me develop a scientific method of converting theory to practice in my place after classes?

you miss understand

Quote Originally Posted by Agnus View Post
    That's stupid. Say to her: "I can't imaging biology studies without genetic control of cell growth, differentiation and morphogenesis. I have a project on my mind to perform an experiment on the hypothesis the instructor talked about. Can you help me develop a scientific method of converting theory to practice in my place after classes?

I did not tell her that. I am telling you the reader that's what I do in class.

How about this...grow some balls and say "HI, I noticed that you are in my biology class...what's your name? I'm John BTW, it's nice to finally meet the girl that I have caught looking at me hahahaha. Do you have time to give me your number? I would like to go grab a bite to eat with you sometime or catch a movie, or hang out somewhere etc.".......wow it's that f uckin easy.

To be honest, it is perhaps a little too late for this advice, but I really would not recommend you ask her if she was looking at you. It sounds like she may be very shy, and in that case, all that will do (and probably did do) is really embarrass her. Take it from me. I am a guy (so maybe not exactly the same) but I am EXTREMELY shy. If I had a crush on a girl and she wound up catching me looking at her and then actually asked me about it, I would be extremely embarrassed. In all likelihood, I would probably also have said no. I would have been too embarrassed to admit it, especially considering the way you went about it.

Now, you say that you explained to her why you asked. What exactly did you say?

A better approach would have just been to slowly try to start talking to her. Get some idea if she seems to like you and maybe you were right. Then, if you like her, and you think she seems interested as well, why not ask her out? To be honest, that would be my advice even now. Talk to her more. Get a feel for if your hunch is correct. Maybe even go for it and ask her out. Take it from me, I know what it is like to be really shy. If she is shy, she probably won't do anything unless you get the ball rolling first.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    How about this...grow some balls and say "HI, I noticed that you are in my biology class...what's your name? I'm John BTW, it's nice to finally meet the girl that I have caught looking at me hahahaha. Do you have time to give me your number? I would like to go grab a bite to eat with you sometime or catch a movie, or hang out somewhere etc.".......wow it's that f uckin easy.
    Only idiots start a conversation with "I". Have anyone taught you "You Attitude"'. He should say something like "Hi. You are awesome. Can I bring you a coffee from Tim Hortons or do you prefer Starbucks?" I guess, you are screwed up.