+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A long story, i need help.

A long story, i need help.

How it all started...
    In 2010 i met the girls brother online playing video games, we started to talk and he seemed like a cool guy so we kept in touch. After a few days of talking and having fun his sister started to join us and hang out and talk. After a few days of us hanging out and enjoying our self's her brother would get offline and it would be just the two of us talking and laughing. We would spend our weekends staying up late talking about whatever we wanted and having a great time, than things started to get more serious we exchanged pictures and she started to talk about relationships with me. After several months she started to get online less and less, she would say hi once in a while until finally she disappeared for a good 6 months.

In late 2011 she appeared and started to message me to see what i was up to, we got talking again and things started to get more serious she would ask me questions like "Do you have a girlfriend?" or "What do you think about us?" etc... This time i got more emotional towards her, we texted each other everyday for hours getting to know one another having a good time laughing. Something came up in her personal life and i didn't see hear from her for a good year or so, i felt really sad because i really started to like this girl, i know i never met her but for some reason i started to get emotionally attached. When she left i felt down and pretty sad for a few days.

September 30th 2013, she started talking to me again, she wanted to know what i was up to and if i had any plans for the future. I'm starting to feel really strong emotions for her again, she is talking about marriage and if there's any possibility of us getting together. I'm 20 years old and she 18 i don't know if this can workout between us that's why i am posting on here, i really love her i don't know why but i cant stop thinking about her. I want to go see her but shes in Georgia and im in Arizona, im not sure if this is going to workout or not but she keeps texting me cute notes and she keeps talking about marriage and starting a family but i barely know her. Why do i feel this way??? i cant focus at work because all i do is text her and think about what could be!
    For some strange reason i'm thinking of actually driving across the country just to meet her! i don't know whats wrong with me.

I need some advice from anyone please i don't know what to do.. i don't know why i love this girl ive never met.

I know i wrote a lot sorry if i messed up somewhere my grammar isn't the best.

You are just getting caught up in a fantasy and you know it. You are right it's not going to work. She's just liking the attention from you, but in time she will find another guy soon enough so don't put yourself in that position... You want a GF, stop playing video games and start going to parties or get another hobby that gets you around people in person. Ya it's hard when you get caught up in all the emotion to say no, BUT you need to be realistic. Stop talking to her for a few weeks and you will come to your senses again.

Hi ,

I dont think she is serious about this and you shouldnt be either. This is jus one way of getting your attention i dont know if i should call this a game or affection but it is what it is a "GAME". Please dont fall for this. I was pretty much in the same boat few months ago. My advice would be to listen to yourself and dont extend the conversation. The switching on and switching off conversation between you both will drain you physically, mentally and physiologically.

PS: Playing video games is not a bad thing, giving your time to someone who doesn't deserve it " is "
    Last edited by Stinger; 05-10-13 at 02:30 AM.

Thank you, I think I really love her. I don't know why! It's driving me crazy, we keep texting each other and she asks when will I get married and to who. I've fallen for her and it seems as if there's no turning back. If she does change her mind about me I do t know how I will respond emotionally. It will kill me if she says she's not interested anymore. ��

No what's killing you is your loneliness, and probably never having a GF before...... am I right? This is why it's so intense and all too consuming. You have to be aware but young girls do this sort of thing....they get off on the attention, have a little fantasy in their head, and *poof* the novelty wears off and they seek out someone else for attention.

Even if you drive all the way out there to meet her, what kind of real relationship could you possibly have? She's probably still in high school, living at home, no real income to speak of and you both live in different states. I doubt very highly her parents would approve of this in the first place because she is too young. The cost to travel to see her will drain your pocket, she will get frustrated at you for not being with her, and then you will find out she's hanging out with some dude she calls "just a friend" when we damn well know he has other ideas. You will have no control over it because you live hundreds of miles away.

How do I know this??? because we have had many guys on here totally destroyed crying to us about it happening to them.

Yes she lives at home and shed only 18 with no income, I understand what you're getting at. I have to try to be with her though, I love her with all my heart. I want this to work but I don't know yet, only time will tell.

you are a fool and you are setting yourself up for total devastation.

Face reality son. You can do it.

It's OK to like her & continue to talk to her. Considering that you have never met IRL it's pretty ridiculous at your young ages to consider marriage & kids.