+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the chances of making it till age 100 high for me?

Are the chances of making it till age 100 high for me?

Usually our life span is around 80-90 but is there a way to increase the chances of being alive to celebrate your 100th birthday?? It would be cool to live 100 years or more.

In my mother's side: My great-great grandmother lived till 102+ years old, my great grandmother passed away just 3 days ago and today was going to be her 101st birthday and then comes my grandmother who is only 72 at this moment, mother and I.

From my father's side: His father lived till his 80's, his paternal grandfather died somewhere in his late 80's and his grandfather's father was in his 90's. However, he has certain members that didn't make it that long such as his mother who was only in her late 70's, his older sister died at that age too but his maternal grandmother was in her 90's when she died.

Now I'm wondering if I'll make till 100+ years old? That would be great. Right now I'm 26 years old (will be turning 27 on April) and sometimes I'm told I can easily passed out for a 20-22 year-old. I guess this favors my life span, hopefully.

I've never scrubbed a bathroom either nor did heavy household chores. I don't use detergent too much and as a result my hands aren't one bit wrinkled.

Or is there a chance I can still inherit my father's genes and not make it to that age?

You've never scrubbed a bathroom or done heavy chores. Princess much?

Avoiding housework will be more likely to shorten your life. You need to keep your body active in different types of ways. Besides, what guy will want a girl who won't even do her share of domestics because it may spoil her pretty hands?

Does mommy still do all your chores for you?
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 05-10-13 at 09:06 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You've never scrubbed a bathroom or done heavy chores. Princess much?
    No, I don't. I work and go to college so that's enough for me at this point. I have no desires to be a 24/7 future household wife.

I guess mommy still does it all for you.
    Yes, she does it but I helped out at home too with my paycheck. That's contributing too.

College is enough for you at this point? Still a Princess.

And who mentioned 24/7 housewife? Even working women need to do their share of domestics.

Helping out with your pay check is a fairly basic contribution. I bet your mom would be very happy to have you take on an equal share of helping look after the house.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I bet your mom would be very happy to have you take on an equal share of helping look after the house.
    Actually she is happy cooking for me esp. every time payday approaches and she knows I'm going to give her some money. In a way this is reciprocating. My major also has culinary arts classes and I'll be learning that within the next 3-4 months.

Oh u will inherit ur fathers side. U already have a foot in the grave everytime u step out of ur home. I say don't go outside. Lock ur self up and maybe u will have a better chance. Man love this site.

I remember when I didnt used earplugs at work and fela asked me how long do I want to live. I said till 100 years. He asked how old I am. And then he said I will need my ears for 77 more years so I should take care of them.

That blew my mind. Really life is long and taking care of yourself is most importand thing. If everyone would be able to do this there wont be problems on this planet.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not about the number of years, but the quality of them.

I haven't had many patients 100 years old that weren't suffering from multiple medical issues, and I think it is often very sad to live that long. Oftentimes when you do, you have lost many of the people who you loved: parents, siblings, friends, children... And usually there are issues with some sort of chronic pain. The body degenerates over time, and your parts wear out.

BTW - I wouldn't be too impressed with having unwrinkled hands at the age of only 26. I didn't have them either at that age, and I was a hard-working girl.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yep, I don't know any 26yo girl who has wrinkled hands. Anyway, regarding not having lifted a finger around the house at the age of 26 - that's not something one admits out loud. It's more of a shameful secret type of thing.

If you want to live long, get more active. Being so lazy that you won't help out isn't conducive to a long and healthy life. On the contrary: being active will help you live longer.

Personally, I only want to live as long as my mind and ability to care for myself exists. If I can't remember the names of my kids or need to wear diapers - then sign me out of here.

Well, don't become obese like many Americans do. That causes a multitude of problems. Don't drink or smoke. Eat healthy. Exercise. Watch your stress levels. Don't do foolish or dangerous things. With that and a lot of luck, you may live to be 100. I am aiming for 75 myself. If I go beyond that I don't know what I'll do. I only have one kid and I don't want to be a burden on him. I don't expect Social Security will help much, and I probably won't be able to do much work, if at all.

Are the chances of making it till age 100 high for me?
    Possible but Not likely. Look on the bright side. You're hands will still look pretty in the coffin.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Guy who lived till 115 got asked what rules he folowed to live so long. He said there was two things - Blance in all things and places. And keep calm at any situation in life.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Yep, I don't know any 26yo girl who has wrinkled hands. Anyway, regarding not having lifted a finger around the house at the age of 26 - that's not something one admits out loud. It's more of a shameful secret type of thing.
    Today was an exception. My parents were gone for hours and my mother didn't prepare anything (usually I always find something in the freeze when they're gone but there wasn't anything this time). I had to cook but it turned out good. I'm just lazy I guess but will cook and do things around the house if I have to.
    If you want to live long, get more active. Being so lazy that you won't help out isn't conducive to a long and healthy life. On the contrary: being active will help you live longer.
    Yeah you're right. I have to become more active.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Well, don't become obese like many Americans do. That causes a multitude of problems. Don't drink or smoke. Eat healthy. Exercise. Watch your stress levels. Don't do foolish or dangerous things. With that and a lot of luck, you may live to be 100. I am aiming for 75 myself. If I go beyond that I don't know what I'll do. I only have one kid and I don't want to be a burden on him. I don't expect Social Security will help much, and I probably won't be able to do much work, if at all.
    Yeah hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get to see my 100th birthday. It'll be 2087 by then.

diet is one important way to live long. try the japanese diet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast