+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Narcissist Wife what should I do???

Narcissist Wife what should I do???

I been married for three years and in those three years I been separated for 5 times and in those 5 times my wife has insulted me, name calling, insulted my parents and i do not mean she telling me stuff about them, she insulting my parent in person. it has got to the point that the last two times she has slap me, scratch me leaving me a scar on my arm. Every time she does this after a couple of days she tries to call me, text me and got in her knees saying she is sorry and she will never do that again. and I always fall for that and even this time i started falling for that like now we text and talk. is this just a manipulation of hers to get me back or will she be saying the truth about changing. we are young i am 24 she is 23 and I dont drink, smoke or even go out with friends because she says i will leave her by her self and thats bad. I even work full time and went to school full time to get my bachelors degree to provide a better life for us. we have no kids and that is why I am asking this question should I keep talking to her and start forgiving her or should I just get out of the relationship before is to late. Also sometimes I feel like I have fear of being lonely and thinking that other woman will not want to be with me and not able to be on another relationship later on is this normal?

PLEASE NEED REALLY GOOD ADVICE

lalalita Guest
    You're in an abusive relationship.

If after the second time she begged you to take her back saying she won't do it again, and she did it again YOU should have realized that she is incapable of change and you will always be her person to abuse if you don't stop taking her back. How could you take her back when she is so disrespectful to your own parents (never mind you). This is simple. You leave her, you do not allow her to contact you in anyway, you get help for your codependency, white knight syndrome and your read these links so that you work on yourself while you forget about her and her mental issue(S).

http://www.womenslaw.org/simple.php?sitemap_id=38
    ^^^ This is geared towards abused women but it applies to you.

http://www.whatiscodependency.com/symptoms-of-codependency/
    ^^^ This will tell you about yourself.

http://www.outofthefog.net/index.html
    ^^^ This may help you and your immediate family to recovery.

Stop letting her hoover you back into her mental issues. She will not change without years and years of therapy. Get away and stay away from her and work on what ails you. You need to change within that what makes you stay and/or go back to someone like her.

I'll add one more link that pertains to what appears you need to work on within:

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/White_Knight_Syndrome_Subtypes.html

Please work on you and forget her.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 06-10-13 at 01:31 AM. Reason: added another link
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time but it is easy to say "leave the relationship" however, you may attract a similar situation. It is important that you seek out individual counseling and figure out what attracted you to your wife and learn more about your issues of loneliness…it also sounds like you suffer from low self esteem as you stated that you are "concerned another woman will not want to be with you.."--Get the support you need and work on developing your sense of self…We often times attract people based on our own issues…Start your work--the best is yet to come.

To Greater Intimacy,

Rachel Moheban, LCSW

So you got married when you were 18/19. Marriage is a promise to stick together through good and bad times - but is a promise valid if you're too inexperienced to say it honestly?

It's definitely normal that you are afraid to leave her - you've been married pretty much your entire adult life. Don't stay with someone because of fear.

I think you should try to make it work, but you also need to decide when it's time to give up, especially if she's not holding up to her end of the deal. Better to do it now than before you have children.

You need to talk to a good lawyer.

It's easier said than done to end a relationship. Especially one you've put time and effort into it. But you're being abused in this one and no one deserves that. If she's done it before and promised to change but yet continues, I don't think that will change. I'm not sure what her issue is, maybe she needs help. But you shouldn't be unhappy. It's hard to think if you'll be in another relationship or find love...but over time I'm sure you will. My advice would be to get out while you can