+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating a girl I dumped some years ago

Dating a girl I dumped some years ago

Hey guys !
    Ok so here's what happened five years ago:
    A girl had a crush on me , we dated twice , once at my place , once at her place , but I was 11 or 12 and incredibly shy.
    Our dates were soooo awkward like we sat on my couch watching some movies for 2-3 hours not looking at each other , not saying anything.
    It was such a pain to talk to her even in school since I was socially extremely awkward. My face blushed , tried to act cool , it was a mess.
    So I evaded her as much as I could , didnt approach her , acted like I wouldn't have seen her when she walked by , not responding to her skype-messages and stuff like that. I really didnt do this on purpose I just couldn't take being with her , even though I really liked her and her looks.

Now five years later , we didnt talk a single time , I would like to apologize for breaking her heart and maybe even start a relationship , so I went to her house , she wasn't there , so I told her mom to tell the girl to add me on skype -> She didn't accept my request yet , so I wrote a letter and threw it into her inbox , the letter goes like this :

"I wasn't nice to you back then , well i don't know what you think about it , but I think I was mean to you.... I just wasn't able to understand how any pretty girl could like me.I was very shy , my face blushed when I was anywhere near you , sometimes i even started stuttering cause I was so nervous :D But I really liked you :) You didn't do anything wrong , I just behaved very awkward.....
    At the time we dated each other I had big problems with my parents and the years after that weren't any better either.Maybe you noticed I wasn't in school for a pretty long time.....
    But now it's all great ! Please add on me on skype , give me a chance to apologize and make up for what happened. That would mean a lot to me :)"

I threw the letter in about 5 hours ago , but she didn't accept my friend-request yet.
    Any thoughts about my situation ?
    How can I get her attention in case she doesn't respond to the letter ?

How can you force your attentions on her if she won't voluntarily? You can't.

If you were only 11 or 12, I'm sure she's forgotten about it by now.

Dude you took your shot, now it is up to her. But, your what 16-17? I'm sure there are plenty of nice/hot girls at school, so I wouldn't worry about it if she doesn't respond.

5 hours is not a lot of time. She may not have been on line. If she doesn't accept within 5 days you can assume it's a lost cause.

If you still go to school with her or at least have access to where she hangs out, show up in person.

As long as you weren't mean -- & I don't think you were even if your ignoring her hurt -- she shouldn't hold it against you that you were awkward at 11- 12. Everybody is goofy then.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    But, your what 16-17? I'm sure there are plenty of nice/hot girls at school
    I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it does sound kind of creepy.

OP, as others have told you,
    1. It happened when you were only 11-12, so she likely doesn't even give it much thought anymore
    2. the ball is in her court now, you let her know that you are interested in her so now it's entirely up to her. If she doesn't want to see you or talk to you, there's nothing you can do about it.
    3. Why focus on this girl alone? It's not like she's your best friend or anything - you don't even know her well. If she doesn't seem interested in you, just focus on someone else.
    4. 5 hours is a very short time. Also, it would have been much better to talk to her in person, if you go to the same school.
    Last edited by searock; 31-10-13 at 11:09 PM.

I bet she's not replied because she blames the OP for ruining her young life. She's probably started to self harm because of it an all because she was dumped at such a tender young age.

She's moved on dude....she doesn't see the need to rekindle a childhood crush. She's probably saying to herself "Jeeezzz what did I see in him lol". You can leave her alone now.

OLD THREAD!! I have no idea why some people revive threads where the OP is long gone....
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Noobs huh lol. I try to tell them to keep it with in about 4 to 5 days. I won't close it unless it's about 2 months old. I agree this one is a little stale already.

Argh, so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it does sound kind of creepy.
    LOL, you know I thought about it after I wrote it but was like naw. I defintely didn't mean it that way, just wanted the OP to know there are other fish in the sea. No R Kelly issues here, lol.