+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help talking to a girl

Need help talking to a girl

Ok so I'm a very outgoing and talkative person, now you may be thinking, then why did I name the title as I did. Well I'm a sophomore in high school and there's a freshmen that I would like to be more than friends with. The problem is that with all girls that I don't see myself either dating or anything more than friends with I could talk to them all day. As soon as I view a girl as a girl I'd like to be more than friends with I can't even speak a word to them, not even a simple hi or anything in the hallway. Now to even remotely have a chance with her I need to be able to talk to her, any tips for me with overcoming my awkwardness around girls like this? Thanks!

You are going to hate my answer but practice. The more you do something, the easier it becomes & the more comfortable you will be doing it.

Start with a simple hi work from there.

Practice some calming techniques before you start. Picture yourself relaxed. Also think positive thoughts . . . that your initial overture will go well & she will respond favorably to you. Finally, don't over analyze every little thing you do or say. People understand that everyone is nervous about dating; anything you do that seems dorky or awkward to you will most likely be seen as endearing by someone who genuinely likes you back.

Find yourself a wing man....get one of your friends to call them over and talk with her as a group.

Practice, and just take a deep breath and go for it. Honestly, as a girl, I find a little nervousness cute in a guy when he's first approaching me.

You could do what Kramer did in Seinfeld when he was attracted to this librarian. He had a friend (Newman) hide behind him and whisper lines to him so he can repeat them to the girl. Or you could follow DalMom's advice.

Just practice in the mirror. Grow Confident.

Be calm about it, start off with brief conversation, then work your way up.

You need to get confident, but you must think about it, if you can't be brave, you may lost her