+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girls, what is the greatest present you ever received?

girls, what is the greatest present you ever received?

alright, i'm a student so understandably i'm pretty financially limited.
    so im thinking about giving her a handmade present.
    she's my secret crush and turning 21 soon.

While I've never really received gifts, except for one on my birthday, from a significant other, in the past, I've given a poem I wrote in a handmade card. It's meaningful because it comes from your heart and original. But if you're not a good poet, you could always just make a homemade card telling her how you care on the inside along with a flower?

Just an idea.

I bought my GF a Bugatti Veyron and a hand sculpted lifesize replica of my cock. She found the car disappointingly small.

Make her a plushie there are tutorials on youtube, you just need some cotton filling and some colored felt for the outside... it's not difficult and it's original and cute IMO.

The nicest present is one that shows you're paying attention to the things that she likes, the things that are important or attractive to her. Does she have a pet that she loves? Get her a book about the breed or a figurine that looks like her dog/cat/whatever. Does she love a certain kind of dessert? Get her a slice of her favorite cheesecake or cake with a candle and a card. Does she have a favorite color? Does she wear clothes or jewelry that have a certain theme - some girls like dolphins or angels or a particular band, you get the picture. A gift, to me anyway, doesn't have to be expensive but it touches me when it's thoughtful, when I know that the person has listened to me or noticed what I'm in to.

turns out i can be pretty good with poem. thanks for the suggestion.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My husband wrote me the most amazing poem for our anniversary this year. Seriously, best gift ever. I could tell he really put time and effort into it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Flowers are always the best gift for me. No matter how many times I get them, it doesn't stop feeling special.

a night filled with cuddles, kissing, chocolate. that would be an ideal gift for me...

The greatest thing that ever happened to me was being loved back by the person I love the most. That is priceless.

Two of the most touching but least expensive gifts I have ever gotten were as follows:

1. BF covered my car in string / ribbon with little notes, a few inexpensive carnations & a small teddy bear to say that he was sorry after a fight

2. After a very bad day at work, I came home to a home cooked meal, candle light & the living room furniture pushed back so we could "go dancing".

Make up a poem, write it in a card, job done!

Quote Originally Posted by Emilieya View Post
    The greatest thing that ever happened to me was being loved back by the person I love the most. That is priceless.
    Emilieya, just beautiful. :'(

One of my exes baked me a cherry pie, he never baked before but did it in a heart pan for vday, was so sweet and tasted good too, lots of whipped topping was a nice gift because of all the time he took to make it, and buy ingredients and for love day meant lots.

Handmade anything is excellent, but make sure it's meaningful. A poem would be fantastic. Write it on a handmade paper card - you don't have to make the paper, but get paper that's obviously handmade.

As an alternative, go to a bead shop or to a craft store, and make her a simple pendant necklace out of an inexpensive chain, a single glass bead of her favorite color, and a charm representing something she likes: a dog charm if she likes dogs, a cupcake if she likes baking, etc. The whole thing will cost maybe $5, but she will be incredibly impressed.