+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me? Does he not?

Does he like me? Does he not?

Ugh well to cut a long story short, around two years ago my male friend got drunk one night after weeks of awkward distant flirting and said he liked me and said I was a babe etc etc and his friends all told me he talks about me in college and every time I hang out with that group, they usually make some kind of joke about us being a couple (I have a boyfriend!)

Well since then we've been friends and every time I have seen him, he brings up the night he got drunk. He says "Oh, remember that time I got drunk and called you a babe" and then awkwardly waits for a reaction so I usuall say "ANYWAY..."

Well last night he DID IT AGAIN. I don't understand why he keeps bringing it up! Is it because he likes me or the complete opposite? I can't read him. I just want to know in case I'm giving off the wrong impression.

Shoegal, well yes he may have the hots for you.

When you talk about 'giving off the wrong impression', what impression do you want to give? Are you keen for a relationship or just a shag or do you not like him that way?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I want to give off an "I want to be friends" impression but I'm just confused as to whether he thinks there is possibility of something more?

shoegal, have you considered that it really doesn't matter what he thinks? If being friends is all you want, just continue with avoiding mixed messages and not encouraging the compliments.

If you really need to make sure he knows where he stands, when he reiterates when he's said when drunk - just tell him that it makes you uncomfortable when friends say inappropriate stuff.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Spect...

I spect he does like you and wants you to like him to and hopes you'll say something to confirm it. Prob best to not do accidentally do anything to give the wrong impression.