+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why is he like this? advice on a shy guy.

why is he like this? advice on a shy guy.

Hi. I am a female and I noticed this guy was acting a bit nervous and edgy around me. It was weird because with other people he seemed talkative and relaxed. I have found myself becoming very attracted to him. He has become more and more tense around me and there has been some obvious flirting on both sides. However he does seem a bit scared of me and does not approach me or speak much to me. We will look into each others eyes but he does not make a move! There are usually other people around so it is kind of awkward. He is not normally a timid person so it is odd that he acts this way. I have tried to initiate conversation with him online, and there has been some brief communication. He has responded to me and I wasn't sure he would. But at the moment he seems to be ignoring me. It is really getting me down trying to communicate with this guy. I do not know why he stares at me a lot but takes a step back when I try to get friendly. I feel like I am making a fool of myself. I have backed off as I do not want to hassle him. I have asked other people and get so many different responses that it is really confusing. I would really like your opinion.

I can be like that when I fancy someone. I'll respond to and be talkative to other people but can't bring myself to talk to my crush. Sometimes shy folk are hoping you'll make the first move. Perhaps if you like him too you could warmly invite him to do something as friends and see what happens.