+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he interested?

Is he interested?

Hi everyone, I had gotten some excellent advice here in the past and thought I'd check with y'all again.

One of my classmates has been acting pretty friendly over the past few weeks. We met during summer orientation and had hit it off, but didn't see each other until the fall. Now that classes have started he invited me to join a study group online. I checked it out and found that the group was moving too fast, so thanked him and left the group. He then emailed me and offered to go over the homework with me in person every Tuesday afternoon. I know this takes effort because he works full-time at a demanding job and goes to school part-time at night. He would need to ask his manager if he could leave early in order to meet me on campus. I emailed back to thank and accept his offer a couple of days later.

Unfortunately, there was no homework posted for our class this week and I haven't heard back from him in 3 days. Do you think he is being flakey / inconsistent? I thought that if a guy likes you he will try to contact you and find an excuse to see you. Or did I misinterpret a platonic friendly gesture for something more?
    Last edited by 4blossoms; 10-10-13 at 02:25 AM.

Hi. I can't tell from here either but I suspect that he may like you. Few people are that nice, just becuase. The next time you have an assignment, reach out for him so you two can get together to study as he suggested. In person you will better be able to guage the level & tone of his interest. If it's platonic, you may still benefit by getting a better grade. After you meet, if you are still not sure, come back here & tell us about the behaviors you observed. That should help us help you, if it isn't clear to you before then.

Hi DalMom, thanks for your thoughts on this. I noticed that he seemed pretty helpful towards other people in the online study group, so I wasn't sure if he is just a really nice guy or if he is actually interested.

Just want to see if there is any other feedback.

Well, I sent him an email today about getting some help for previous homework questions. I emailed him tonight (Friday night) at 7:30 pm. He wrote back that he has a day off on Monday and could tutor me at a conference room at his company's offices not far from campus at 8 pm.

Whaaa? I was not looking for a hookup, I'm looking for romance and maybe a relationship. Anyway, I politely declined his offer.

Oh well...was it wrong to email him about tutoring on Friday night at 7:30? Did that send the wrong message?
    Last edited by 4blossoms; 12-10-13 at 10:47 AM.

See my answer in AAM.

You expect too much. You aren't a priority for him right now b/c you are simply a study buddy. Until your relationship status changes, he's not giving you a weekend.

Take the study session & see what happens from there.

Quote Originally Posted by 4blossoms View Post
    Well, I sent him an email today about getting some help for previous homework questions. I emailed him tonight (Friday night) at 7:30 pm. He wrote back that he has a day off on Monday and could tutor me at a conference room at his company's offices not far from campus at 8 pm.

Whaaa? I was not looking for a hookup, I'm looking for romance and maybe a relationship. Anyway, I politely declined his offer.

Oh well...was it wrong to email him about tutoring on Friday night at 7:30? Did that send the wrong message?
    Perhaps I'm a bit dull, but how does tutoring you in his office translate to a hookup? Did he allude to sex?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hm no, maybe you're right. But he seems to be going out of his way to help me. Sigh...maybe he is just really nice. I don't know any other people who are so sacrificing for someone who they barely know.