+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice

advice

So my girlfriend and I have been dating for 6 months now. We started out great and nothing wrong, like most new realtionships. We both are very busy with our jobs, I am a GM and she is a school teacher. During the summer months is my busy time and since she is off her slow time. Now with the days shorter and weather changing my days are slower and now she has class everyday. But we both know you cant spend every day together thats not the issue. About a month ago she has been so busy with school that she rarely even texts, calls anymore. We may see eachother for a cpl hours on a sunday. I know she is stressed but I mean I make sure to make time with her. I am more of the sensitive guy and she is not an emotional girl. ITs differnt for me but I like that in her. I feel like when I do text her during the week just asking how her day was or how she is, her texts are short really short. And ill ask her hey lets do something on the weekend, she will say im so busy I have no idea what i am doing. We both have our own lives but seems like there is something else going on. Is she just that busy or is she trying to push me away to break it off since she doersnt want to be the bad guy. Also she hates talking about our relationship.
    Her and I did a three weeks ago go visit my family and had a great time, weekend before went to her families place. Am i over thinking all this. I know she is super busy i can tell when we talk and I ask about her week or day

From my experience I find that it's better to find out what is really going on rather than let it continue on while being blind. The fact that she doesn't like talking about relationships is a bit concerning...either she is not comfortable communicating, or she is saying that as some sort of excuse. For a relationship to work, both people need to be able to communicate. I understand being busy, but there should always be some time for each other. I think you should talk to her and tell her that you feel like she's pushing away and that you are concerned that she doesn't give you much time during the week. If she really is that busy, then tell her you want to be there for her to make it easier. That is, of course, if you want to be there. Hope that helps!

Just ask her...nothing is worse than assuming something is wrong, if you can't be honest and up front with her about your status then what are you doing with her. Communication is key.

I'm in the same position with my bf, he doesn't talk and he's super busy but we still see each other twice a week, the only advice I can give you is ask her, as I did an then I'd the answer she gives is plausible, then give her time, if she doesn't give you any indication that she's in the relationship as much as you, then it might be time for a re think.

Good luck

Communication, thatīs the key, sincere and true one, I seem that she is bored with this relationship, if she is not emotional and you are, at a certain point in future you will both get separated as you will get bored too with her indiference.