+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ages

ages

On LYC, the forum posted members ages. It was helpful when giving advice. The dating advice I offer to teens is going to differ from something I'd suggest to someone in their 20s & that may be different from something I'd discuss with a divorced parent because their life situations are so different

Our members have the right to hide their age/date of birth for privacy reason..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

I understand that but while you may be unwilling to change your policy (as is your right b/c it is your website after all), I think you can understand my point about how advice differs based on the person's life situation / age bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by DalM0m View Post
    I understand that but while you may be unwilling to change your policy (as is your right b/c it is your website after all), I think you can understand my point about how advice differs based on the person's life situation / age bracket.
    There is an expectation that if someone asking for advice thinks it relevant, they post pertinent information, such as age. It is something that hasn't found a need or a use on LF. If a teen wants advice directed at teens, they can post in the "Teen" forum.

some people post their ages on their profiles, some also state it in their posts, i always assume if someone doesn't do either they don't want others to know what age they are, so i don't ask.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake