+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advice

Need some advice

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend broke up with me 4 weeks ago. Its still killing me, and I have this naive hope that we will get back together in the future. I have been very messed up, and I was close to committing suicide, but entered myself into a clinic before hurting myself. I have to leave the apartment that we moved into together soon (shes not here at the moment), and I have to leave my stuff here in a week, for several weeks. I dont know how to tell her that im going to enter a clinic for an extended period of time. Im entering because of her breaking up with me, but Im not blaming her and dont to hurt her when I tell her that, but I have to tell her because my stuff has to stay here.

Any tips on what I should say?
    Should I lie?
    I have intense feelings for her, so Im coflicted
    Last edited by Jayssen; 12-10-13 at 05:35 AM.

Just tell her you're going to get some help, and you need to leave your things. If she wants to know more, just tell her its personal, and you don't want to talk about it with her.

But isnt that unfair as well? I mean, the breakup wasnt messy itself, and she has tried to respect my side of it as mich as she can. The appartment is leased on her name, and she moved to a friends place before I even asked. An the problem is, if I lie about where Im going, that will make me feel worse.

I don't know what to tell you bud. What I can tell you is that being a melodramatic, whiner who walks on eggshells because he's afraid he might offend someone is probably a contributing factor as to why you got dumped.

If you want to tell her, then tell her. If you don't, then don't. What the **** did you come here for?

Why is it any of her business at this point? I am glad you are getting help. If she has any sense of humanity, she will be too.

Just tell her that you will be getting some much needed help & that when you get out you will arrange to pick up your stuff.

What you want to have happen is that you tell her in this big dramatic way that you feel suicidal & you're getting help. You want her to feel sorry for you but filled with joy because you are making this gesture of mental health for her so that she throws herself in your arms, takes it all back & you two reconcile. Sorry, but that's not going to happen. The people at the facility will help you understand this.

'Just tell her you're going to get some help, and you need to leave your things. If she wants to know more, just tell her its personal, and you don't want to talk about it with her.' Seconded.