+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is time a great healer, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinesbr View Post
    I always consider the mature thing after a break up is to see the person , maybe not stay friends but to work things out , so both people can seek happiness and there is no bad blood between them. I know for some people is extremely important to delete everything( U can't delete your memories right, except like in the movie Ethernal Sunishine on the Spotless mind). Memories always stay even if they fade away with time, there is a chance you will meet in the street. Better to share a coffee rather than turn a blind eye. Again if a heart is broken , it means u loved somebody so much u let it happen. I always suggest you step in the other person's shoes. Still i don't understand people who say deleting everything, forgetting, moving on etc is the key. It means u will hurt yourself more, yes u will have more fun in the process, but still it is damaging to the new people u meet.
    The mature thing to do is to clarify everything Face 2Face with the person. No other way for me.
    I highly doubt the people who closed their eyes and feelings and took the time to forget love (no matter days, months ,years) they don't regret it.
    They do. It is psychological placebo effect to tell themselves they did the right thing.
    All in all in order to live life, there is no need to forget, there is a need to forgive.
    Best advice I can give u, rather than all the cutting the rope you are hanging on to.
    if the breakup is done right....it shouldnt be much of a problem....even if one side is hurt alot more by it....like u said....see the person talk it out and be honest...even if it is going to hurt someone at least u did it the right way and honestly.....but in many of these situations someone is cheating or going behind peoples backs and then disgarding them rather than doing it right.....and in many cases this is done by abusive people or people with personality disorders.....

i know if my ex hadnt been planning a new relationship behind my back before ending it with me....id have been great friends with her....in cases like that its best to delete everything

Yeah I feel like he had met someone first before he finished with me, not long before and he might not have done anything with her but I find it hard to believe he'd meet someone so quickly after finishing with me. Ill never know and tbh I don't really want to know. But I don't think we'd have been friends either way, he's too immature for that - spends too much time doing over-exaggerated things that he thinks should be done in a break up situation (like making the point of calling me MATE) all the time. Even though he said he'd want to be friends if we ever split up, moron haha.

time does heal everything...unfortuntaely, the deeper in love u are with someone, the longer it takes to heal...hang in there

Sure. You will know how silly it was wasting time on someone who was no longer love you.

Keep yourself busy, do your best not to dwell on the past.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12