+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the gut ALWAYS right?

Is the gut ALWAYS right?

Story:

I've been talking with this girl through text and phone for about 2 going on 3 weeks. We've called each other babe. She and her girlfriend made a trip to another state for the weekend. I respect her space while she's with her friend i.e. less frequent texts and calls. We're on a 3 hour time difference right now while she's in another state.

I texted her the other night while I was going to bed something like "getting some shut-eye, missing you, good night." Then immediately fell off to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I had 4 lines of replies.

The replies were definitely a drunk text and looked like "Imuss yoi tooi, pljase be mt babree, I wany gyotu to be muoine bhabe"

I immediately had this gut feeling of "dammit, I'm entirely turned off from that and I felt like it was very immature." It had even made me think I don't want to contact her anymore. Being said, I mean she could have texted before she was sloshed, like out with my friend for some drinks good night...

Or better just go without a reply until the next day when she was consciously able to text talk.

Then my mind told myself I shouldn't think to much. But I still had that gut feeling. And a feeling is a feeling. What would you do?

our gut usually tells us what our hearts want to deny. Go with the gut. Has your gut feelings ever been wrong?

Not really sure why your alarm bells are going off. Do you expect her to not drink?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It seemed very out of character to the way she presented herself.

If I got a text like that I would just laugh my ass off........I think it's funny, and it's pretty harmless IMO....you have a stick up yer ass if you find this sooooo disturbing.

Yes, there is a stick in my ass.

have to say i find it a bit uptight too, txtings hardly a precise science and who doesn't act a bit out of character when they've had a few drinks, if anything think you should be happy shes clearly into you

It's easy to explain the OPs attitude. He's not getting any so he's feeling frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Matix125 View Post
    Story:

I've been talking with this girl through text and phone for about 2 going on 3 weeks. We've called each other babe. She and her girlfriend made a trip to another state for the weekend. I respect her space while she's with her friend i.e. less frequent texts and calls. We're on a 3 hour time difference right now while she's in another state.

I texted her the other night while I was going to bed something like "getting some shut-eye, missing you, good night." Then immediately fell off to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I had 4 lines of replies.

The replies were definitely a drunk text and looked like "Imuss yoi tooi, pljase be mt babree, I wany gyotu to be muoine bhabe"

I immediately had this gut feeling of "dammit, I'm entirely turned off from that and I felt like it was very immature." It had even made me think I don't want to contact her anymore. Being said, I mean she could have texted before she was sloshed, like out with my friend for some drinks good night...

Or better just go without a reply until the next day when she was consciously able to text talk.

Then my mind told myself I shouldn't think to much. But I still had that gut feeling. And a feeling is a feeling. What would you do?
    You've only been talking to her, you've never met her yet?

Yea... stop talking to her altogether. She'll do fine without you.

I have a feeling if she did that, Then you would be here asking if you should be worried that she didn't respond to your text right away.

Yea, do her a favour and listen to your gut.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ok... You should be happy she text'ed you back. You were obvioulsy on her mind. She could have just blown it off and not have enven bother. Then where were your mind has been.

I have to agree, drunk texts can be fun.

I would be touched by it because even tho she was pissin it up, it's obvious that you were on her mind all night and she really likes you.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I would be touched by it because even tho she was pissin it up, it's obvious that you were on her mind all night and she really likes you.
    Yeah, give him another couple of decades and they might even meet up. Jeez, kids today - I've seen glaciers move faster.

just answering your titles question, for me, YES! my first gut instinct is almost always correct and because of that i listen to it.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

There's a big difference between gut instinct and paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Matix125 View Post
    It seemed very out of character to the way she presented herself.
    Out of character? You've only known her for 2-3 weeks - you would know very little about her character yet.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast