+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ex still playing with my feelings

Ex still playing with my feelings

Quick summary, I went out with this girl for 6 months, we broke up due to distance and her losing love for me, we took 3 months to move on, both moved on, both broke up with our gf/bfs, tried being friends again, was having fun being friends, and now the fun part...

We started meeting up more frequently and just hanging out and chatting and having an awesome time together. One day we were at the beach and she cuddled into my side and looked at me like she used to and there was a look into each others eyes moment. Then we went back to hers and watched some tv and she fell asleep on my arm and cuddled into me. I left and went home to find she messaged me.

She said that she missed us and felt weird at the beach. I said "I did a little too but why was it weird for you?" She said "since there was a small urge there" I responded saying "I had the same urge, the urge to kiss?" her: "yea, i did too"

So at this point i thought maybe we could try again and asked her but she said "dunno". So this went on for two weeks of her not making her mind up. So on my birthday I asked her "whats the reason, why dont you want to try again?" She says "I have been seeing someone for 2 months"
    I respond saying "So you lied to my face and just decided to string me along?" She replies "I just think we're better as friends". I said "I dont think we can be friends if your going to treat me like this" and she replied "fine then, do what you want, I dont care. Forget about going to wwe" (WWE was the event we were meant to go to as friends)

So WTF! I really don't understand why she would say those things and pretend to be single and lie to my face about it? Am i going crazy or what am I missing? I can't wrap my head around why she would do this?

She needed you as a friend. Not as a lover. Yea it was wrong of her to lie to you; but you two agreed to be just friends. She may have been scared to tell you about her seeing someone. You should not have yelled her her though.

In the end you sounded like a ass. Say your sorry for yelling at her and that you are dissapointed that she lied to you and that you took it out to hard because you had feelings for her only to have it crush. I can understand her not being honest about it because it would of hurt you; but at the same time she didn't yell at you, you yelled at her.

How did I sound like an ass? She was the one who pretended to be single and said she missed me. This might just be me but from my point of view that sounded like she wanted to get back together? I didn't actually yell at her but there was many annoyed and pissed off texts sent. I didn't get feelings until she said that she missed me and this was after she told me she was single, If I knew she was seeing someone and didn't say she had an urge to kiss me then obviously I wouldn't of pursued anything and would of been perfectly fine being friends but she sent me mixed signals. Playing me along for two weeks and letting me believe that she may have feelings for me and lieing to me about her relationship status is just not on in my books

If you texted her the same as you posted; then she has the right to be angry. I am not saying that she is not in the wrong as well; but your wrong was worse.

Your right it sucks. But you do you want her as a friend? Then you apologize to her. But if not... then why are you here? She already told you that she lied. Why do you want to date her?

HAHA dating her is the very very last thing I want to do, whole point of this was to hopefully shine some light on this and get another persons thoughts on it. I barely want to be her friend tbh but the fact that we were meant to go to this event early next month kind of makes things awkward since we are the only two people who like it out of all our friends. So I'm not sure if I should try and contact her since the tickets for the event for £100+ and the hotel room (family room two beds) was another £50 and thats not exactly a small amount of money and dont particularly want to waste it but at the same time I don't see how I am in the wrong since she was the one who lied to me and lead me on not the other way round. I really dont feel I am in the wrong here, am I? Note: She knew I had feelings for her for two weeks and my friend even asked her why we weren't getting back together and she said she doesn't know. Didn't say she was seeing someone
    Last edited by Simpo; 14-10-13 at 04:57 PM.

You aren't going crazy but you would be a bit crazy to reconcile with this confused liar who you now know cheats. Remember the old adage: if she cheats with you, she will cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by DalM0m View Post
    You aren't going crazy but you would be a bit crazy to reconcile with this confused liar who you now know cheats. Remember the old adage: if she cheats with you, she will cheat on you.
    i wouldn't necessarily be reconciling with her but more calling a truce and finding a common ground to go to this event and simply enjoy the event as wwe fans and not necessarily as friends.

She sounds like she was lonely and missed the old feelings she once had with you, and thats why she cuddled with you. She's not worth your time, just let go

I don't think it's that simple. She just cuddled with him, and a lot of people wouldn't consider that cheating, especially since they were friends. Who knows how serious her relationship is with the other guy anyway, it might just be a temporary fling deal.

If you had the urge to kiss her, you should have just done it. Maybe she was expecting you to make a move, and you didn't - now she's not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    HAHA dating her is the very very last thing I want to do, whole point of this was to hopefully shine some light on this and get another persons thoughts on it. I barely want to be her friend tbh but the fact that we were meant to go to this event early next month kind of makes things awkward since we are the only two people who like it out of all our friends. So I'm not sure if I should try and contact her since the tickets for the event for £100+ and the hotel room (family room two beds) was another £50 and thats not exactly a small amount of money and dont particularly want to waste it but at the same time I don't see how I am in the wrong since she was the one who lied to me and lead me on not the other way round. I really dont feel I am in the wrong here, am I? Note: She knew I had feelings for her for two weeks and my friend even asked her why we weren't getting back together and she said she doesn't know. Didn't say she was seeing someone
    It doesn't matter who was wrong or more wrong. What matters is that she's a twit and you need to forget about her being in your life in any capacity. You'r eno good together as lovers or as friends.

See if you can sell her half to one of your male friends and go have a bro time. Maybe you'll both get lucky and pick up a pair of "goers."

Next her and everything about her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why oh why oh why do these sad cases insist on trying to stay 'friends' once it's all over? I got dumped by a woman 18 months ago. I've not seen her since. I don't need her as a 'friend' because I already have friends.

Because they can't handle the pain of not having them in thier life anymore. It's weak, it's codependent and it's unhealthy.

Another why oh why oh why is: Why would you want to be demoted from lover to simple friend? Thats disrespecting YOURself.

No reflectiong whatsoever on your post Dal, I agree however: *thinks to self* I find it confusing that Vincenzo would thank this post. *shrugs and acknowledges I don't need to understand*
    Last edited by Wakeup; 29-10-13 at 12:12 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

weakness85 Guest
    screw her!! for dragging you along talking from experience it never ends well!! move on hun

Just shut her out from your life. I've been there, it's time to move on completely.

yah she is comfortable with you as a friend and nothing more anymore. sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast