+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with my crush

Help with my crush

I have had a crush on a girl for about two years now. We went to the same school, but just as I was about to do something about it, she starting seeing another guy. I was too late, but as sad as I was about I left them alone. They have broken up now, and I felt like I needed to take this chance. I don't know how long they've been broken up, but I started to write to her on Facebook. Not too much and not too little. Don't want to seem desperate. After writing to her for a few weeks I summoned my courage and asked her out on a date. Yes, I asked her on Facebook. I don't have her phone number and she is attending school about an hour and a half away from where I live. After waiting for what felt like an eternity, but was really about 5 minutes, she said that she is really flattered, but she has had enough of men for now. She said its got nothing to do with me, she just wants to be alone for awhile. Is that just something she is saying to spare my feelings or could that really be true?

This girl is just amazing in my eyes. We talked when we were working out and sometimes at school. She the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and the sweetest and kindest person I've met. She is really easy to talk to. She doesn't party a lot and doesn't smoke. All that spells perfection for me.

So the thing is... Is it over now? Should I leave her alone and never ask her out again? I don't want to push her, but I don't want to be late again. She is the girl of my dreams.

Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

I think she became lesbian.
    Move on man. Ask all the girl you have on FB out and see the reaction. Then choose from thouse who wana meet. Also you made a mistake by putting this girl on pedestal while not giving yourself same value. And you have to be more selfish. Think more about things that you want and be less concerned about hurting girls. Imagine if a girl had all these protective thoughts in her mind when interacting with you - it would be pretty paralising and useless think with so much caution. When real progress can be made by knowing exactly what you want going for it and if the girl is made for you she will have the same wishes as you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Keep yourself busy & stay off her FB page.

Saying that she is taking a break from men right now is girl code for nicely telling you that she doesn't want to date YOU now. If you were her ideal guy, she'd take a chance.

why not try friendship for a bit? absolutely nothing to lose and you may find that something grows between you, worse case scenario you end up being friends with someone you've a great deal of affection for hardly a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote99 View Post
    why not try friendship for a bit? absolutely nothing to lose and you may find that something grows between you, worse case scenario you end up being friends with someone you've a great deal of affection for hardly a bad thing
    Crap idea. I assume the op has friends already.

But not female friends.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

the dreaded friendzone...... -_- date some girls closer to home... post that on FB once in a while (let her see that she is not the only girl you have in mind) and ask her in a year if you still feel the same way (if shes single)... but call her up... have balls... if y'all are friends on FB check the "about" for a number or hit up a friend.... for now, put her out of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Crap idea. I assume the op has friends already.
    i don't operate a 1 in 1 out policy with friends 1 doesn't have to die for me to make a new 1, in any case i said friendship would be worse case scenario some of my best and strongest relationships have been friendships first

She is not a lesbian. I mean it could be as DalM0m says that she don't want to date ME, but I think there is a big possibility that she means what she says. I don't know when she broke up with her ex boyfriend, but it can't be that long ago. I asked a male friend of hers, which is also my friend, why they broke up. He didn't want to say. So I'm guessing that something went horribly wrong. Based from that I'm guessing she wants to be single for awhile and maybe recover. I'm going to try and slowly, very slowly, try to get to know her better somehow. Not text to much, but not to little either. Try to see her in person again and hang out with her. I'm not giving up. If all else fail, I'm just going to tell her how I feel.

Thanks for your time and answers.

Going slow & hanging out has great potential to land you in the friend zone.

You already asked her on a date which she declined There is no need to tell her how you feel. She already knows that you like her. The declaration will only make things more awkward.