+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for single ladies

A question for single ladies

Hey there ladies!

I got a question for you single girls out there. Do you like it when single men approach you in the general public, like in a store or park, as apposed to a place like a bar or club? If so, would you be more willing to accept a date with a good guy in that environment instead of one where you know you are going to get hit on?

Just asking out of curiosity

Oh I would love to have some attention from a guys ! I do my make-up every day and dress with style but seems no one even notices me. It would be flattering to hear something nice even from a stranger. Lately I hear more compliments from my friends(girls) when it should be guys coming up and saying these things to me !

Nope, I don't like a cold approach and have never accepted a date with someone who's tried it. I much prefer to meet someone who's been introduced to me by a friend or acquaintance.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I just found this comment of yours on your other thread

>>So, let's say you see someone at a park you find attractive playing with their dog or reading a book or something. Would it be generally acceptable to approach a women in that scenario or are most women too uncomfortable when men approach them like that? If it is acceptable, then what would you say to start a conversion like that to someone you don't know at all?<<

I have to change my answer somewhat. The times a cold approach has failed with me was when the man just walks up and asks me out. It's just not going to work.

However when I was playing with my dog at the park, I got into many lovely conversations with strangers (mainly because my dog had three legs AND he had figured out that a man can throw a ball further than me - so he used to take his ball to any men he could find). If you got me into a dog conversation and I found that we could converse easily and without awkward pauses, I may well consider accepting a date. But it would be important to offer the date almost as an afterthought and not right up front.

If I'm reading a book at the park, I DO NOT want to be disturbed. I'd probably give you 1 word answers till you went away.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Would you date someone who is interested in you but makes fun of your dog?

BTW why he has three legs?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Oh no, nobody ever made fun of him. Everyone loved him and commented about how fast he was despite being a tripod. Some people would come and discuss his speed without even noticing that he only had three legs. BTW, he was a mini poodle - so not a dog known for speed.

Why three legs? Car vs dog. Car won.

I ussaly call these dogs tricycles. Its good to have unussual dog cause it draws lot of attention. I had small cute dog and it attracted good girls like a magnet. Generaly people who likes animals are good people.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Yep, my 21yo male house sitter said my dog was a 'chick magnet'.

It depends. If I have ever seen the man before . . . like on the train in the morning or at the store before & we've exchanged smiles etc maybe I'd have an ice breaker conversation or two. But if a random guy just walked up to me at the store, I'm more likely to assume he's an axe murderer than a nice guy.

Great responses so far. It seems like most of you are at least somewhat open to the cold approach at least, which is cool.

ParadiseLost- I hope you can find the attention you are looking for. I have found that you really have to be the best you can be to attract the opposite sex. That means being in the best shape you can be, eating healthy, getting regular exercise/sleep, and always have a positive outgoing attitude.

basilandthyme- I find this part of your post interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    If I'm reading a book at the park, I DO NOT want to be disturbed. I'd probably give you 1 word answers till you went away.
    If your are willing to talk to a guy that approaches you when playing with your dog in a park, why not when you are reading a book in the same environment? If you wanted not to be disturbed, why are you reading the book in a public place in the first place? Public areas are filled with distractions and noise. Why not just read the book on your porch or something in that case?

DalM0m- Yea I think I see what you are getting at. It seems to be a more situational scenario on whether a woman would be comfortable in meeting someone directly like that or not. It definitely makes sense.

Keep the answers coming. I love hearing different opinions

I am quite shy so I usually do not like to be approached in public. Makes me feel awkward and also it feels like someone got into my personal space way too much and it doesn't feel good. On the other hand whenever it happens it assures me that I look good and so I feel more attractive afterwards.

I read your other thread and I can share with you what really worked with me. As I said previously I don't like to be approached and I very rarely give my phone number to guys that approach me in public. Only 2 guys managed to get my phone number. I can share my stories with you. Here is the first one: last year I was waiting for a bus and then a guy walked to me and said "my friends and I are going to a night club and I don't have a girl to go with and well I saw you from distance but I couldn't see your face anyways I decided to approach you cos I guessed you were pretty and now I see you are very pretty and well would you like to go to a club with me now?" I liked his honesty but I didn't go to a club with him. cos it was late and I didn't know him well enough. He said "no problem but let me do just 1 thing I really want to do" and he ran to the nearest store and bought flowers for me. and said that he wanted to meet me again and asked for my phone number. Then my bus came and I got on the bus. The guy was running after the bus and waving to me. I didn't answer his calls later cos I had my own personal problems at that time and I had a boyfriend. But if I hadn't I would have answered his calls. If you are interested I will share the other story with you. Just to share what kind of approach works well with ladies.) I even regret now not picking up the phone when he called.
    Last edited by Lilia; 17-10-13 at 02:46 AM.

Wow, that is quite a story! Another good example that the way the approach is done makes a difference as well as the location. I would like to hear the second story

Let me try something out on you ladies. Just last week I saw a girl shopping on her own looking at hotdogs and such. A part of me really want to go talk to her, but of course I didn't. I guess I could have said something like, "O'yea, I have had those before. They are really good." too whatever she is holding. Then say something like "So what is a good looking girl like you doing shopping all alone?". Would something like that be acceptable conversion opener, or does it sound too direct?

I was single. I avoided bars and clubs because I thought the man for me would not be there. I figured when the moment struck right, he'd just appear somehow. Yes, this was in hindsight slightly delusional. tee hee. I figured I'd meet him on the climbing bluffs or on that single track mnt bike trail in the woods. Maybe we'd smash into each other coming round some corner. Anything but a bar. Really didn't want a player and though I know it isn't fair to assume all bar goers are players, well, I have brothers, many are there to play.
    So years past and I remained elusive and tucked away. Many tried to get me to go out to the bars but I refused. Then one fine day, a stranger came to my door and knocked.
    We've been together ever since. I like to think it was the Universal pull that brought him to me that fateful day and I am very thankful for this.

To answer your question, when you see her, you will know. and it won't matter where you are. Just keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Yep, my 21yo male house sitter said my dog was a 'chick magnet'.
    Women love dogs...haven't you been on this forum long enough to know that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast