+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Total crush on my boss..... please help!

Total crush on my boss..... please help!

Hi I hope it's ok to post this, here goes..... :o

A while ago my Boss and I nearly slept together - some fooling around happened but I stopped it from going any further as he has a gf and kids.

Since then, things have obviously been very awkward between us although he is always very nice with me when we speak and vice versa.

The thing is..... I really, really like him - even more than before and partly regret that we didn't start something. I know that sounds horrible.

And we often catch ourselves looking over at each other and get random tidbits of info from each other's lives from mutual friends.

I guess I'm writing to ask a guy's opinion on this - does he actually like me or not? Does he want me but knows he has to maintain some form of distance? Or am I just being very very stupid?

I appreciate any feedback on this - good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather89 View Post
    Hi I hope it's ok to post this, here goes..... :o

A while ago my Boss and I nearly slept together - some fooling around happened but I stopped it from going any further as he has a gf and kids.

Since then, things have obviously been very awkward between us although he is always very nice with me when we speak and vice versa.

The thing is..... I really, really like him - even more than before and partly regret that we didn't start something. I know that sounds horrible.

And we often catch ourselves looking over at each other and get random tidbits of info from each other's lives from mutual friends.

I guess I'm writing to ask a guy's opinion on this - does he actually like me or not? Does he want me but knows he has to maintain some form of distance? Or am I just being very very stupid?

I appreciate any feedback on this - good or bad.
    He wants to bang you, sure.....but he obviously doesn't like you enough to break up with the girlfriend he's cheating on with you. He's disrespecting himself, you, his girlfriend and (unbeknownst) his kids.

Now, with that said......How's it feel to be sloppy seconds???
    Last edited by surfhb2; 17-10-13 at 12:05 PM.

Its easy for him cause higher status at work lets him feel more confident and if something goes wrong then its you who will have problems at work. I seen people who use love to make co workers work harder and they just squeeze people out and next ones take their place. Seen a lot of shit and its best to have friends and relationship outside of work. Its easier to keep work and personal life seperate. Clean and tidy.

When it comes to sex guys and girls have this bad side that says yes and good side that says no.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'd probably avoid anything here

Dear friend,

I will say something by experience:

Donīt mix work with love affairs...this will only end up bad...nothing good can come of it and you may be end up fired...

Yeah I think I'd stay away from him. There are other guys in the world, and honestly if he's in a relationship, I'd stay clear. He could possibly use anything you guys do as blackmail against you since he's in a higher position.

It is very dangerous to start romantic relationship with co workers or even boss. If your mutual interest ends so well end your future in the company. Think of it...

Definitely agree with the above post.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If he cheated on his g/f what makes you think he wont cheat on you? Having a thing with your boss/co-worker is never a good idea just for this reason. If his child is from that same g/f forget him and dont look back. If he liked you as much as you like him he'd be single by now but something's telling me he's not. Move on let it go

I definitely think the guy wants to shag her. And I think the OP should let him go ahead but make sure to get it on film and then blackmail him with it for at least a comfier office chair or perhaps her own coffee machine.

Well, there are 2 things to mention about this situation and both aren't positive.

1) You should never start something with a boss or any co-workers since a bad lovescene effects work tremendously
    2) I don't think he's into a relationship with you, he just wants sex

The latest remark can be positive if you're only looking for a bang every now and then. If you are looking for more, I wouldn't do it.

Ah the lure of the forbidden love. What is it with women and their interest in committed men? I usually have more girls being aggressive when they know I'm in a relationship.

The answer for your questions is yes, he likes (or at least want to sleep with) you. Looking for an affair possibility there. Depends on your moral values though, don't expect him to just break up with his gf either. You'll be his 2nd, most likely for a long while.

Old thread people, the OP is long gone......