+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies, how important is dancing to you?

These are all really good viewpoints on this! Cool videos too Kromat83! I might reconsider taking some kind of dance class. Maybe even just something real basic would be helpful. Thanks for all these great insights folks!

As you can tell, I am clearly not the best dancer
    out there, but at least I am having fun.

I would suggest starting with Salsa, then transition
    to Bachata.

P.S. Learn some Merengue, in case there is a slower
    song and you want to take it easy.

Cool, thanks for that. Your dancing is certainly the best dancing I've seen, but then again I've never look at dancing before, lol. Thanks again

http://www.meetup.com/
    This site has helped me a lot, use it to
    find interests you enjoy and take up
    dance class in the process

I'm a girl. I hate dancing so a guy not wanting to dance is perfectly fine for me!

If you hate dancing, then your the
    type of girl, i probably wouldn't
    bother getting to know any further,
    even if you have the right personality.

I couldn't see myself going alone without
    her, because I would like to share this
    hobby with her, even if she is new to it.

At least will consider it and hopefully enjoy
    it for me, and I will do activities with her
    that she wants, as I want there to be a compromise.

Glad to hear that dancing isn't necessarily a deal breaker. I am already extremely shy, but when it comes to dancing my level of shyness is off the charts. Nearly paralyzing. Until shortly before getting married (to somebody who turned out to be a HORRIBLE person), I had never danced.... ever. Honestly, it is one of the things that makes me realize the truth of the saying "hindsight is always 20/20." Because it should have been an early sign to me. I shared this with my then fiance. I wouldn't call it a fear or phobia of dancing. To me, fear is a very different thing from being shy. Plus, fear wouldn't accurately describe what I would feel about dancing. But, I am pretty paralyzingly shy when it comes to dancing.

Her response to this was always to be extremely cruel and disrespectful. Looking back now, that should have been a big sign. I have to be there for her constantly, but the one time I need something, she can't be there for me in the least. As a result, it was something I got over on my own... by myself. Oh, don't get me wrong. I danced WITH HER. But, she was not responsible one microscopic iota for helping me get over my dancing thing. Instead of being able to get through that with a loving partner, I got through it alone.

Sorry. I just realize more and more each day that I should never have married that woman.

Getting back on topic...

I am glad to hear women in general seem to say that dancing is a nice to have, but not a deal breaker. Still, now that I've gotten over it, it isn't AS MUCH of a hurdle for me. I'm still too shy to make much of a show of it, but I can get out there and do simple stuff. Sure, I would still rather not... LOL! But, if a girl wants to dance, I can at least give it a go.

It is nice if a guy can dance but don't do things to impress people if it's not what you want to do.

Most of girls like dancing, but they all know that guys don't know and don't like it much like they do.
    I found that dancing is not much important in getting girl.

Just move haha my ex loved to dance but was a terrible dancer, which didn't matter to me because even though he didn't have moves, he always looked like he was having fun out there and that was what impressed me.

I don't know how to dance so... for me it's not important. but I see all these people going to clubs and I am so anxious because I can't dance...

People are missing out that don't dance.
    There's a specific style for everyone.
    I love expressing myself through body and arm motions.
    It's all about having fun, and generally the people that do, are a lot of fun to talk too.
    Guess, it is isn't for all, but I know I need it as part of my life.

I am a male. If you think you could learn how to dance, I believe women find that romantic. Women probably find it to be sexy. I don't dance because I don't thnik I could be a good dancer. Also its probably important to be trim or you probably shouldn't do it. Best of luck. Rick

I'm a girl and I have no idea how to dance unfortunately so to me it's really not important if a guy can dance. If he can't then we'll just be awkward together XD

Quote Originally Posted by talllshyguy52 View Post
    I am a male. If you think you could learn how to dance, I believe women find that romantic. Women probably find it to be sexy. I don't dance because I don't thnik I could be a good dancer. Also its probably important to be trim or you probably shouldn't do it. Best of luck. Rick
    Being trim just makes your moments smoother and have more stamina, but just yesterday, I saw a few bigger sized individuals that danced salsa better than me, because they put in the time and effort to get better.
    They already have enough obstacles in their way, and I was 50 pounds bigger before, and I know exactly how someone is treated and if you get to know them, they are genuinely good individuals, but people judge them right away and they think the whole world is against them.
    I had the right mindset to lose the weight and use my dancing hobby as motivation to eat healthy and exercise routinely.
    P.S. Anyone can learn to dance, if they want it bad enough and your giving up before even trying it.
    You have no guidance, and after you take some classes, then see if this is something for you, but it's a lifestyle change and I am still trying to constantly improve, but see my progress as motivation to keep going.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 28-10-13 at 11:02 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast