+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She invited me to her apartment for dinner and drinks....

She invited me to her apartment for dinner and drinks....

Ladies I need your opinions...

This girl I use to work with who I am pretty good friends with recently made contact with me after not talking for about a year. We got coffee and caught up. A couple months went by we'd text each other randomly. She's fun to hang out with so I asked her if she wanted to do anything and I threw out some ideas and said if she had any better ideas id loves to hear them, so she suggested I come to her apartment for dinner and drinks. She's almost 3 years older than me and being a past friend/co worker I didn't think much of it, however there were some very subtle underlying tones/suggestions in her texts that she may be sexual interested in me. I didn't want to go over expecting sex, doing so might make the night less fun if I had a one tracked mind, so I played it cool. We are both out of long term relationships, 3-4 months single for both of us, So while I was over there we talked trashed talked our exs, share sex stories/talked about sexual things, other random shit. Since we were drinking I was obviously spending the night, so she made a joke and said, "wellllllll..........long pause..........I could share my bed with you or you can have the couch..... I think you can have the couch" All in a playful voice. So I was like shit... how do I handle this, I continued to play it cool and kept my attention for more signals. However we were at her dining room table talking because she doesn't have cable so there was never a chance to get close on the couch and move in for the kill. We were up super late talking and it seemed like she was waiting for something to happen and there was quite a bit of tension in the air but at that point I had no idea. So we eventually called it a night, I slept on the couch because I didn't have that 100% assurance she wanted anything to happen and I didn't want to be a creep awkwardly going into her bedroom and making a fool of myself. Next morning we went out and got breakfast, she invited me to stay at her place again (I commute to college and sometimes bum a couch from people) and she also invited me to the bar the following week and ill probably end up at her place again..

So basically what im asking is should I make a stronger attempt to make something happen with her? Or is she just being nice...? She made it pretty clear shes in the no strings attached sex phase right now, im definitely no stranger to sex but im just shy sometimes and I don't want to miss out when she may be reaching out to me... also don't want to mistake niceness and flirting with hey lets bang haha

HELPPPP lol

She definitely sounds interested, she was probably waiting for you to make a move. You could have kissed her, didn't have to go as far as slipping into bed with her. Next time, kiss her and if she is ok with it you will make out and eventually have sex. It will come naturally if you both want it, if not, who cares, you will have tried at least .

If you are just sitting in the Dining Room talking, I see no harm in suggesting that you move to the couch because presumably it's more comfortable, even if there is no TV. From there you can judge her interest level. If you can manage to sit first, you will get a big clue based on how close she sits.

Good for you both for being safe & not driving after you'd been drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by DalM0m View Post
    If you are just sitting in the Dining Room talking, I see no harm in suggesting that you move to the couch because presumably it's more comfortable, even if there is no TV. From there you can judge her interest level. If you can manage to sit first, you will get a big clue based on how close she sits.

Good for you both for being safe & not driving after you'd been drinking.
    Definitely a good point! My pre-game and end game are top notch but its the connecting the two that is the hardest for me, making the first move is such a toss up, but I guess ill never know if I don't try.

Go in for the kill. She wants it

Sounds like she is into you and attracted to you, not sure why nothing happened, maybe she likes the guy to make the first sexual move and not herself. Because even if you were on the couch you were still in her home, so if she had wanted she could have left her room and joined you on the couch overnight and started with you, so you'd know she was interested but she didn't. So I'd say you made the right choice not to go further that night. Could try going in for a kiss next stay over and take it from there.

She definitely did enough for you, so making things physical is on you.

How dare you make such a claim that your end game is good? You had her in check, and you didn't go in for the checkmate. Your end-game is weak as phuck, and I'll bet your middle game isn't much to talk about either.

I'll will say that your pawn-game sounds okay, but maybe it's time you rethink whether or not Chess is for you. Maybe you should go back to Checkers for a while.

Wow that was lame on your part. You totally could've gotten some nookie. She was waiting on you, hoping you would take the initiative. Smdh. She was probably wet all night, hoping you would come join her in her room and tap her out. Next time, use your confidence and let it flow. Lots.of chics like the guy to.take the initiative the first time..next time go and get it. It was in your face, not like you had to put much effort into it.

I agree with the others, she most definitely was interested. She was giving you definite signals, in hopes that you would take the initiative.

Damn it! Totally have to redeem myself next time... I'll keep you guys updated, going out Wednesday.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Um yeah, I've never asked a guy to stay over that I wasn't hoping would do more than just sleep there. I don't think I know a girl that has. Not only that, she asked you to stay over a SECOND time? Does it need to be in neon lights for you to get the hint lol?!? You dropped the ball on this. Don't let it happen a second time!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

She definitely seems interested, kiss her next time and good luck!

Sounds like she's into you to me.