+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do guys get down about a crush?

Do guys get down about a crush?

It seems counterproductive I know but sometimes when I really like a guy and can't handle it/make a move, I start to withdraw from him. Was wondering if guys do the same thing? This guy went from giving me heaps of attention, smiling, staring, talking, to small talk. His friends are commenting on how sad he is lately. Can a crush have that effect? Can you break away from a girl if your feelings are strong?

Sure why not....they are apparently human too.

its been a while since i had a crush i must admit but yes its possible if he's built up kind of a fantasy scenario in his head whereby he asks you out, you date etc and then somethings come along to make him think he wouldn't have a chance i could see that being a bit of a downer, guys are human too you know
    " Love and compassion are necessities not luxuries.Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama

It would make perfect sense if you've given him the impression that you're not interested
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Anyone that feels a sense of rejection will "break away" from that person that rejected them. He doesn't know the reason to why you became distant and he only thinks the worst. What do you expect him to do, chase you?

Yeah, I have in my teens.

Guys will definitely do that. I've done it a few times. Not really sure why, but for some reason it can be intimidating to make a move on a girl you really like. Maybe it's fear of rejection, I'm not quite sure. In the end though, you have nothing to lose, go for it. If he's upset because you haven't made a move, make it! It could turn out to be a great thing. If he's not into you, so be it. There's a guy out there who will be. The best advice I could give would just be to go for it. Whether it works out or not, you tried and you can move on with him or without him.

i have once about a crush, but that was my first crush. guys suffer heartbreak the same as girls. only most of the times we don't discuss it.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I think its happening to me right now lol not really sure tho

Yeah, it happens. too many expecations

Agree with all posts above. I've had a lot of very strong crushes, and I've got to say it's really tough at times being normal about 'going for her', and tend to get shy, withdrawn. You end up thinking too much and blowing it over proportion in your mind. Every little thing becomes a sign.

But the only way to counter this, is to take the risk - put yourself out there, and show him that you're interested so that he is comforted and not always on his toes being mind-fked. You never know what'll happen. But keep living your life, and leave as little time as possible to think about your crush so that it doesn't do you over!

yep happens to me all the time , just get carried away and then all these ideas and dreams come crashing down around my head, when i realised my recent crush had no interest i was very down for while.

Thanks for everyone's input. I might be guilty of sending mixed messages because I don't want to get disappointed either. The thing is, everyone is saying he's depressed and no one knows why, but he never shows it around me. He acts happy and asks other people if I'M OK. He picks up on my every mood change.

Just recently I did a stupid thing to gauge his reaction. I talked in front of him in a group of our friends about a guy friend being interested in me. He said "did it come directly from him? are you in love? Because I know how it feels." Then I wouldn't look at him, I just looked down as if I was thinking, and he just kept staring at me in the group, but I still didn't look back at him, and then he said "I hope you sort it out." I don't know if any of that means he's interested in me; as someone said here everything becomes a sign when you have an intense crush.

He's doing my head in. Like yesterday for instance, I was getting coffee at a cafe near the beach and he drove past. I waved to him and he pulled into a car park near me, and I kept walking to the pier and stood there looking at the waves. He didn't get out of his car, stayed parked there for awhile in view of where i was, then took off.
    Last edited by Ditapage; 02-11-13 at 02:23 PM.

Stop playing silly games, just ask him out already.

yep, just make move and see what happens; sounds like you need to get a clear answer on this. he does seem to like you he is just shy about showing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast