+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do guys get down about a crush?

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Stop playing silly games, just ask him out already.
    Damn straight ask the guy if he'd like to have a cup of coffee sometime. Dont play games life is to short

I've had crushes in the past but I've never been invested in them enough to let them get me down. I've been heartbroken over at least three exes from my past though.

yes they can get that way. i'm really bad at reading signs so sometimes i will misinterpret what is going on. this might be fixed by a small indicator of interest. you'd be surprised how fast that will turn a guy around.

Yeah.. but I think that only happens to teenagers.

If it's like a crush that rejects you when you ask her out than for sure

Yes very much. Men can be just as sensitive as women. I am going through this right now

Yes.

I get it quite often. No matter how much i like someone, how well things are going I always end up pushing them away for no reason and get down for no reason!

Yes. It can happen to any male depending on their personality. Stop playing mind games and tell him straight up whether or not you like him. If it's too late just remember that for the next guy. Mind games are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditapage View Post
    It seems counterproductive I know but sometimes when I really like a guy and can't handle it/make a move, I start to withdraw from him. Was wondering if guys do the same thing? This guy went from giving me heaps of attention, smiling, staring, talking, to small talk. His friends are commenting on how sad he is lately. Can a crush have that effect? Can you break away from a girl if your feelings are strong?
    Yeah, if he gets fed up with your lack of returned interest he will (probably) eventually withdraw and then find someone else.

Yes, no one likes getting hurt

So I asked him out to coffee and he said yes. And he picked me up in his car. But he was still acting down. I don't get it. I figure he wouldn't have said yes if he doesn't like me. It feels like we are just friends... I didn't say it was a romantic date, just coffee. His last girlfriend broke his heart completely and he swore off women. I know girls play this game but do guys act sulky to get the girl to ask why? If he's hanging out with me and i ASKED him out, why is he still depressed? He does the show interest, back away, then show interest when I back away, game.
    Last edited by Ditapage; 09-11-13 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phish View Post
    Agree with all posts above. I've had a lot of very strong crushes, and I've got to say it's really tough at times being normal about 'going for her', and tend to get shy, withdrawn. You end up thinking too much and blowing it over proportion in your mind. Every little thing becomes a sign.

But the only way to counter this, is to take the risk - put yourself out there, and show him that you're interested so that he is comforted and not always on his toes being mind-fked. You never know what'll happen. But keep living your life, and leave as little time as possible to think about your crush so that it doesn't do you over!
    I've had this lol

he might have given up. Best thing you can do is to confront him with how you feel and talk about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12