+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Facebook?

Facebook?

Okay, we've been together for a few months... He'll randomly post on facebook every now and then with memes and whatnot even the ones I sometimes send him. He has old profile pictures of his ex's and or close friends that are girls. He hasn't changed his profile picture to any of the photos of us, nor has he even uploaded them. Should I be worried? Do I have a right to be annoyed by that? He can change his profile picture before to pictures of him and other girls but he can't make it one of us... Opinions? Please...

It's understandable that you would be annoyed b/c it probably feels like you are not important to him. That is not true however, It can be hard but you just can't put that much stock in FB.

If you can do so sweetly, without accusation & without being clingy & whiney, you can mention to him that it would make you happy if he put a picture of you two in his profile rather than the ones of his EX.

He doesn't even have to make it his profile picture... Just having a picture of the two of us up on his facebook would be nice... Instead of him only uploading memes. I think him having the other pictures on his facebook of him and other girls, shows that he does upload pics and can change it to his profile pic... He just doesn't want to with ours, so I'm hesitant to ask him because then if he does change it it's because he feels obligated to because his girlfriend "complained" or "whined" about it and I don't want that...

In relationships if you have expectations, you have to communicate them. Women do this all the time. They complain that they want the men in their lives to do something but they don't tell the guy that & then they get mad when he doesn't read their minds. It's not fair. men think differently then women. You have to be more straightforward. Its unlikely that he even realized this is something that woudl even potentially bother you.

When we first started dating, my husband had a save the date magnet for his cousin's wedding on his refridgerator. I saw it there but didn't say anything. About 6 weeks before the wedding, his invitation arrived. I saw it sitting on his desk. I wasn't snopping. It was just there. he never said anything to me about the wedding. About 2 weeks before the wedding, he was talking about the wedding. I must have looked sad or something because he asked what my problem was. I don't remember exactly what words I used. I felt kind of dumb because like you I didn't want him to do something because I "made him" but I was jealous or upset that he hadn't asked me to go with him. I think I managed something along the lines of "I guess you weren't invited with a guest." He was still confused & said no, he was bringing me. I explained that he hadn't asked me & I was upset because I had gotten it into my head that he didn't want me to meet his family. He thought I was bonkers & to him because we were dating of course I was going to the wedding with him.

You have to communicate.

That would bother me too, but I wonder how long he was dating the other girls before he posted their pictures? A few months is really not very long. Also, who knows if they asked him to put up the pics/sent him the pics, etc. Have you tried uploading a pic of you two and tagging him? It's interesting how FB can cause issues like this.

He's just being lazy give the guy a break.