+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this guy shy or sending mixed signals?

Is this guy shy or sending mixed signals?

So this guy that I see sometimes waves at me or says hi to me but doesn't really talk much after that. He talks to me online pretty smoothly but when face to face he's mute. One day I was struggling with my art supplies and he asked me if I needed help with that but stupid me said, "oh im fine but thank you..." when im nervous i make the wrong choices.... anyways... he then made a Facebook status comparing how he used to look before and after he worked out and I replied on his post saying " this is incredible! Good job pushing yourself to your goal." Then he replied back saying, "You're incredible! I'm not near my goal though." Yesterday we both attended a school event where we submitted our artwork and when he saw me he waved at me.Though when I complimented on his work, he just stared at me and he didn't even say thank you. Is this guy really nervous/shy around me or is he just playing around? Thank for you guys' time!

I would say he seems quite shy and might be into you, as just being near you makes him nervous, while through facebook he does not need to worry so much. reminds me of when i was younger, i used to clam up completely around girls i like.

Darlin shy sucks....even when they finally get comfortable around you, they still don't do well in social situations. You will feel like you have to carry him along at parties and when out in a group of friends....he becomes a boat anchor. Then guys will hit on you and he will just do nothing, he will just sit there and stew about it or storm off. You will eventually get bored or him especially when a charming out going guy comes along and sweeps you off your feet. Shy is way too much work to be bothered with.

I think he has trouble with you in person and feels more comfortable with you messaging you on FB because he can think of what he can say to you and not seem like an idiot...he just needs to get a little self confidence. Be an assertive woman & just ask him what his deal is....no better way. But then again, you didn't mention if YOU liked HIM.

I would say he's really shy. Maybe in time the more you interact in person he'll get comfortable and not fumble over conversation. Maybe while on facebook where he has time to think before he responds...ask him if he'd like to join you for lunch or something to do with school. Then maybe that'll break the ice and get him more comfortable around you

Help put him at ease. Even confident men need a nudge now & then.

Several years ago I met a nice guy at a mixer. We had some business interests in common which spurred the conversation. As I was leaving he asked for my business card. I gave it to him & said I'd be happy to help if he called me for business reasons but I'd be happier if he called me for social reasons.

A few days later he called for a date. Over dinner he confessed that if I had not said that he would not have called because he thought I was "out of his league." I was surprised to hear that because I thought I had been very flirty & open all through the encounter but it just goes to show that sometimes being more direct can help, especially if one party is shy.