+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Sure if She Likes Me :/

Not Sure if She Likes Me :/

I've been without a girlfriend for a long time, so I hope i'm right and she does like me...

Anyways I've known this girl for years and we haven't really been friends or anything just acquaintances.
    In the past couples months though she's slowly started to talk to me, wave to me when she sees me, and lightly grab my shoulder when she says stuff to me. Then kinda suddenly one day she just calls out my name, runs up and hugs me out of no where. Shes done this a bunch of times since.

It's a little confusing because sometimes she wont even glance when we pass each other in the halls, but then the next time she sees me she hugs me randomly. I don't understand why last year she never did any of these things and now it's a daily thing for her to pay lots of attention to me.

Does she like me or is something else going on? :I

Ignoring you in the hallway doesn't necessarily mean anything. I've recently discovered (thanks to a psych friend) that it's not uncommon for some people to not notice those passing by. For those of us who see anything and everyone, it's had to imagine - but apparently it's something which is true for some.

As for the amount of attention she's giving you, does she do it to everyone - or just you? If it's just you, then it's worth a try.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think she probably likes you. Keep talking to her & try to spend more time around her

I think she does like you. When a girl likes a guy she becoming flirty around him and the way she is acting with you is kind of flirty and cute. If she 'ignores' you in the hall it's probably not that she's ignoring you, shes probably waiting for you to say hi first. I think you should talk to her and get to know her more, she seems really fun and cute

Good luck with everything

I would say she's probably interested, go slow and test the waters, see how she reacts if you start giving her attention back.

She does like you! just stay persistent

Maybe she does have an interest.

WELP over the past month she's gotten upset when I talk to other girls, a million high fives and hugs, gave me her number, been texting me first, giving me sips of her drink ect ect. So anyways I asked many different friends and they all said she definitely likes you, don't wait ask her out. So I finally did.....and She said no. said though should hang out and she's not ready for a relationship right now. So yeah that was a embarrassing failure for me socially LOL.

It's very hard to tell. You need to open up to her more.

Quote Originally Posted by Searching... View Post
    WELP over the past month she's gotten upset when I talk to other girls, a million high fives and hugs, gave me her number, been texting me first, giving me sips of her drink ect ect. So anyways I asked many different friends and they all said she definitely likes you, don't wait ask her out. So I finally did.....and She said no. said though should hang out and she's not ready for a relationship right now. So yeah that was a embarrassing failure for me socially LOL.
    Dating. . . the possibility of an exclusive romantic relationship & the pressures for sex that come along with that. . . can be very overwhelming for a young girl. The fact that she wants to hang out because she's not ready for a relationship is a positive sign; don't take it as rejection.

When you "asked her out" did you say those words? In my high school that meant the two people were exclusive. Try rephrasing the Q. Instead of "will you go out with me?" ask "do you wanna hang out with me at the mall on Friday? Maybe we can catch a movie?" That has a lot less pressure attached to it.

I know that's what I should have done and I was going to do that but my friends all said you should ask her out don't wait X(. Now I messed up everything.

The only way to find out is to ask her out silly......that's how it's done....now grow a set.

YES, she likes you. But she's shy, and waiting for you to take the initiative. Don't move forward too quickly though. Take it easy, be casual and easy going about it. Just spend more time together and make it obvious that you like her. Don't worry, she'll respond in kind.

I think she's interested in you

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy1 View Post
    I think she's interested in you
    I have the same idea with you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast