+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do girls prefer a call or text?

Do girls prefer a call or text?

This question is mainly aimed toward girls/women from ages 16-40, but guys, if you want to jump in, go for it. Anyways, I'm just wondering what you girls would prefer guys to do: call you or text you.

I've heard some people say it simply just depends on the girl. For example, a shy girl might think it's too pressuring for a guy to just call her directly and would prefer to have time to respond to a text and formulate how they're going to reply to it. Though I find this kind of cowardly (which is normally what guys seemed to be called when they text a girl, instead of calling her), it does have its advantages. In contrast, I've heard that outgoing girls would rather have a guy show confidence through calls, instead of having him "hide behind a screen of text" like a coward. This also seems like a reasonable argument.

I've done some searching around and have had some experience myself, but it seems like the general idea is that you want to always call to set up dates, or tell her something important, while texting is excellent for flirting, casual comments, etc.
    Last edited by Jimlin000; 21-10-13 at 03:48 AM.

I always feel special when a guy calls me, lol.

Texting is excellent for asking someone to pick up some milk. Not much else
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm a 23 year old female and I like texting, I enjoy it it's fun. But if were actively dating or you're wanting to show interest in me, we should talk on the phone at least a few times a week. That's just my personal preference .

First of all once she hits 19, she's a woman, not a girl.

Calls are so much better. Texts are the WORST form of communication & should be reserved for short messages like I'm running late or please get milk. In an established relationship flirtier ones like I love you, I miss you or I can't wait for later are cute ways to keep in touch during the day.

If a man sent me a text beyond the above tells me he doesn't care enough to call or he is immature.

Again, it depends on the woman in question. Your best bet is to ask her.

lalalita Guest
    My answer to this is slowly changing as I get older.

I was never too big on phone calls, at least not till I warmed up to a person. It definitely has a lot to do with anxiety, and not really with dislike for talking to the person. I'm learning to enjoy phone calls a bit more as I move further into my later twenties. I like talking on the phone a few times a week, preferably at night as sort of a catch up of the day. The longer I'm with someone, the more I like getting phone calls.

I'm also a big texter. Not constant texting, but I love getting "good morning/night" texts and random checking ins throughout the day. It makes me feel loved and thought of.

You're correct, my bad, I fixed it.

That seems logical and reasonable. Why do calls seem "so much better" though? Is it because it makes you feel more special to the guy who's calling you, or are there other factors contributing to this? Even to set up a quick, casual date like lunch the next day, would you still prefer a short call, or an inviting text?

Why? lol Are there some reasons you could describe to me?

for me its in the early days texting while you work out if there could be something good between you and then once you're more comfortable with each other mainly calls with a few loving/flirty texts thrown in
    " Love and compassion are necessities not luxuries.Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama

Jim -- calls are better because I can hear your voice & inflection. There's more context. Plus, if I agree to go out with you through a text, what are you going to do, text me from the next seat?

Ah, okay. I see where you're coming from. Those are good points indeed. But if you just met a guy randomly and gave out your number to him, would you rather text at first to test the waters before he starts calling you to set up dates, or would you rather just have him call you without any prior texts?

i'm old fashioned & old enough to be your mom. I wouldn't object to sn initial text that said Hey would it be OK for me to call you

Texting isn't for important communication or for getting to know someone... really know them through actions rather then just words. It's nice to hear a mans voice, his hesitation (if any), his breathing even. So yea, call and keep it short if it's feeling awkward until next time and next time until you're both quite excitrf to tell each other your day until you see one another again.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion