+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex asked for friendship then cut me off months later when I asked for some space

Quote Originally Posted by mollymari View Post
    The pain of rejection can be a horrible road to stumble through and I think most of us have endured this at one point or another.

Yes you are feeling very sad and confused by the sounds of it but brute truth advice has been offered well. It is sad. You liked this person very much; had a roller coaster ride apart then closer, and again yet somehow you managed to hold hopes for this persons return to your life; but now you need to understand that although it hurts like crazy and you can't stand it, this person has moved on. 'She' may not know how to deal with you. May have thought being friends would be easier on you but this was delusional and (probably unintentionally) cruel.
    Now, she's cut you off and this (though it may feel really harsh) WILL be easier on you in the long run. No more false hopes for her return.

Time to listen to some new songs, go to some new places and don't put yourself through any more agony. ie. any triggers that make you think of her.

sorry your going through this harshness but you'll get through it some how.
    Thanks a lot for your advice, I really appreciate it.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Joe View Post
    I read it and appreciate it. Its just that I feel used, I did everything and tolerated a lot for her, and she just cut me off like that after saying she understands I need time. I once asked for space before and she totally refused. It sucks to be cut off like that not knowing the answer. And I did go through some rough times because of it and I let her know but no response whatsoever.
    Dude you remind me of me when I was in my 20's. I was very insecure and one of the things I'd do to make myself feel secure in a relationship is ask them for some time or break up with them with the hope they wouldnt give me what I was asking for. You played that game once to often now she doesnt want anything to do with you and your hearts broke. Im telling you this out of experience let her go and get some help if you dont your going to go from one relationship to another doing the same thing and your the one thats always going to be the one that gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    Dude you remind me of me when I was in my 20's. I was very insecure and one of the things I'd do to make myself feel secure in a relationship is ask them for some time or break up with them with the hope they wouldnt give me what I was asking for. You played that game once to often now she doesnt want anything to do with you and your hearts broke. Im telling you this out of experience let her go and get some help if you dont your going to go from one relationship to another doing the same thing and your the one thats always going to be the one that gets hurt.
    I didn't "play it as a game". It was either walk away for good because of her bad treatment, or tell her straight that I feel bad about how she's treating me and give me space to get over it. I asked for space, and was granted space. Found out she cut me off. It's not like I was the bad guy leaving her everyday, no, I was always there, and only asked for space when it was too much for me to take. Anyone else would have kicked her out of their life.

Jojo, are you fairing a little better now or still in the deep 'B' of Blues?
    I've got allot of advice to give but as I sit here by my fire I am reminded I am just as lost as so many of us are.

You should be thankful your at least free.
    Some of us are in relationships that may not be the best for either party.
    I live with and love an alcoholic. Perhaps I am the last person to take advice from as I am in a sad state myself tortured daily by daydreams of the good times; tortured daily by the real stuff that contradicts all that has been good.

How does one leave someone they thought was the great love of their life?... When he is sober and the times are good, it is home and nothing is better than that. Yet when the harsh reality sets in and the monster is out and I house fear of the one who is suppose to keep me safe as I he, well, I am at a great loss aren't I.
    Weak but oh so hopeful.
    Little rant there. Off topic. Sorry.
    Hey, I hope your doing better. I felt for your situation. Feel for it.
    You take care ok.
    yes, you take care.

Hi. I feel for the OP here.

Look, she treated you like shit and isn't worth it. Maybe just send her an email or text telling her how she hurt and what a cow she's been, and then block her and move on.

She replied today. In the last thing I sent her like I mentioned, I said that karma will get back at her and that I hope she gets hurt like she hurt me to know how it feels like.
    She replied:

"Trust me your prayers were well answered. My life was basically ruined months ago. So yeah get a good night sleep and leave me alone. Your prayers were well answered. It's done."

I don't know what to say to that.

She replied today. In the last thing I sent her like I mentioned, I said that karma will get back at her and that I hope she gets hurt like she hurt me to know how it feels like.
    She replied:

"Trust me your prayers were well answered. My life was basically ruined months ago. So yeah get a good night sleep and leave me alone. Your prayers were well answered. It's done."

Dear Jojo,
    I understand that when one is hurt by another, we often wish they get a dose of their own medicine so to speak. Well, always be cautious when 'Karma' is involved.
    Karma just happens with or without projections of the self. Now, she is hurting; but I bet my bottom dollar this hasn't made you feel any better like you thought it might.
    Compassion is the best medicine. Oh yeah.
    Everything will be alright.
    You might want to mend this for your own sake man. Hey, you don't need the guilt associated with this act of tit for tat. You want to move on but in your own good graces with best wishes all round for both you and her.
    Good luck.
    time heals all

She replied:

Don't reply, just leave her alone and move on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12