+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what's he at? confused

what's he at? confused

ok so this all started 6 years ago. I was friends with this guy for about 8 months .we are both in different countrys. one in theUK and one in Ireland . we talked every day for hours on end about everything and anything and he asked me out. the relationship lasted about 8 months when it all went pairshaped. I was over visiting him and his little one when his ex found us (not this kids mums) and told me he had basiclly been having a relationship with her to. after him crying and begging me to stay I did only to have him send me an email ending it the day I go home. anyway ... ever since not a year has gone by without him contacting me. he is now engaged to her with kids and as am i. iv totally moved on and have no romantic feelings for him so have no problem being friends.

i guess what I want to ask is after all he did why would he still want to stay in contact? guilt? because we were friends before hand?
    Last edited by ShortStuff; 21-10-13 at 10:53 PM.

You are asking the wrong people....you should be asking him if you want the right answer to that.

Personally I wouldn't have him contact me again after that.

if he could do it in the first place i doubt guilt is at the root of it, maybe a combination of keeping the flame alive (for him at least) and a misguided attempt to keep his options open, as the previous poster said confronting him head on with the question is probably the only way you'll know for sure
    " Love and compassion are necessities not luxuries.Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama

Speak to him directly. It helps solve open issues