+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest date turn offs

Biggest date turn offs

From your experience, what date turn off makes you not want a second date?

I ask because I feel this might help those who are clueless as to why they never get a second date.

One of my pet peeves is the "one up" guy. You talk about something and they keep telling you about their bigger and better experience.

Another one is the nervous nelly, that is so nervous it's makes me uncomfortable....then the whole evening is awkward.

Co-worker of mine mentioned a guy that wouldn't stop talking about himself....talked about things he was thinking of doing (BS stories/dreamer) but never talked about anything he has done or accomplished.

Rudeness and cheapness make me cringe. There's no reason to be impolite to the servers, ticket takers etc. I expect to see good table manners. You don't have to know every fork but you should chew with your mouth closed.

Silence and nervousnes. It makes impresion that girl is stupid and non active brains are not sexy. Also if a girl can laugh and keck at the same time it stops to seem amazing pretty quick. Smoking is a huge turnoff but if a girl is open and social and have brains to save me from smoke then I can handle it. Also big turnoff if a girl draws attention to her bodyparts. Like talks about her breasts or tries draw attention to them. Its just primitive and if I want i will look at them anyway and comliment regrdless. Imagine how stupid would look guy who talks about his hands. Also if a girl talks about expensive stuff and kinda hints that she wants guy to pay for it. Cmon its a first date lets not be gold diggers right now ! Also if a girl says no or I dont know and later hints that shes kinda okay for sex then she is not a challenge anymore and loses her atractivness.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 22-10-13 at 03:02 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

If he acts like a jerk:
    1)Doesn't pay for the date
    2)Hints about sex too early
    3)Doesn't ask for permission to touch you
    4)Criticize you
    5)condescending
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Talking about 'the future' like you're already a couple. It screams desperation. That and being overly sexual. It's one thing to flirt and make some very very light innuendos on a first date, but if they're already talking about wanting to get your clothes off, that's scary.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

So it's looking like rudeness, cheapness and pushing for sex are the top three so far.

someone who constantly goes on about their ex, non stop. that annoys me the most, either comparing you to the ex in what you order, jokes you make, how you laugh, what you wear, drive - anything or complaining about what a asshole the ex was the whole night.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ Oh yeah, mentioning exes. That should never happen.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

One mention is OK. Every body has a past. New date should not constantly talk about the EX.

Even that hard & fast rule has some exceptions. About 6 weeks after I started dating my now husband, my EX died very suddenly & unepxectedly. Although I had only dated him for about 2 years, I'd known him since high school so I was deevstated at the news. The day I learned of it -- the day after it happened -- I was soooooo upset I forgot to call my then new BF & cancel our date so when he showed up at my house that night he found me still in my pajamas crying. I had to tell him why. I explained what happened & told him that although I didn't want my EX back I did want him to be alive. When my now husband craddled me in his arms & told me to cry all over him, I fell instantly in love. He was such a rock over the next week through the funeral etc. while I did talk about my EX & his family a lot.

The person with the bad table manners, people only think that would be guys but I am here to tell you, women can be as bad. That is a deal breaker/turnoff. Gross stories over dinner, no thanks, and being shown pics of your surgery scars or anything of the like, again no thanks.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by somehelp4me View Post
    Gross stories over dinner, no thanks, and being shown pics of your surgery scars or anything of the like, again no thanks.
    Never date a nurse! lol
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Someone who is drunk, so drunk they are sexually inappropriate, very loud and clumsy.

Guys who expect you to sleep with them just because they bought you dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    If he acts like a jerk:
    1)Doesn't pay for the date
    I hate women who expect men to pay for everything. I believe in equality.

Bad hygiene, rudeness and being obnoxious, cheap and pushing for sex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast