+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In need of advice on wooing a girl

In need of advice on wooing a girl

So about a few months ago, this new girl started working at my job... I quickly became attracted to her and eventually developed a crush on her. She is a teacher and I am the IT guy at my job meaning I set up and fix computers. I used the excuse that I was fixing up her computer the first few weeks of meeting her in order to get to know her... I did eventually get to know her and I thought hit it off well. After a few weeks everything started to die down so I started to be a bit more aggressive in my pursuit of her.. Eventually we started to flirt a little bit and exchanged numbers... The weekend that we exchanged numbers I asked her out to the movies and she responded with "I'll let you know" and I never got a response.. Things were a bit awkward for a few days and then went back to the way they were. Afterward I wanted to take my time before asking her out again but one day I was sitting with her after class chatting and a coworker called me out in front of her and asked me why I didn't ask her out... I asked her out again to which she responded "text me".... The next day she text me "you're a cool guy to talk to and I'd still like to be friends but I rather just talk and hang out at work only" I turned the tables on her and responded with "what are you talking about? I haven't been hitting on you, I just wanted to hang out as friends but, ok sure".... After that I made up my mind that I was no longer going to go after her until one day I missed work and she text me asking where I was and why I didn't show up to work. All of a sudden after that she started to be a lot nicer and we started to get along way more than what we used to. Fast forward to now, her and I talk a lot more and even text on occasion we're a lot more comfortable with each other now, we pick on each other, make fun of each other, playfully push each other, little things like that... Recently I told her that I was looking for a new job and she began to ask me if I really wanted to leave and if I was leaving anytime soon.... My question is what should my next move be? I really enjoy her company when we can just sit and talk like we have been doing lately... she's going to het ACL repair surgery soon and she's going to be out for quite a bit, what I'm afraid of is that it's going to fall around the same time that the new job I apply for calls me.... Sooooo any advice? What can I do to make more progress and even possibly woo her?

Anybody????............

Well buddy, you'll have to deal with whatever she's willing to give.

If you want to go into this as a "relationship" it doesn't look like you're going to fare very well.. dial down some expectations... and genuinely ask her out as a friend.

Maybe - "a couple of us are going to a movie, would you like to come?" or "I'm going to go shopping for my moms birthday and could really use some help picking out something nice, could you help me?" get out of the way of the regular "I'm a man, you're a woman, and this is a date" mentality if you want to breach the office only relationship restrictions she set on you.

If that doesn't work, then theres not much else you CAN do.

Some women have hard & fast rules about not dating men they work with. You have to respect her boundaries because if you don't, she could report you to HR for some kind of sexual harassment.

I don't know why she doesn't want to date you but in the face of 2 direct invitations, the non-answers you got back tell me she isn't interested. I'm sorry.

It looks like she genuinely does not want to date you, for whatever reason. If you really think you're hitting it off much better than before, you can try to ask one last time. Perhaps gauge why she doesn't want to, perhaps it's because she doesn't date co-workers. However I would not get too pushy, since she made pretty clear she wants to just hang out at work.

Try to push on friendly side first, but don't go deep into it.

Be friends, hang out as friend and see how she acts then. If you're hanging out with her outside of work, then you'll probably be able to tell pretty quickly if she's interested.

just ask her out