+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am cheating on my wife. I love my new partner.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    So, Brent, what are you going to do? Will you get a divorce will you remain in the same situation you are in now?
    I'm planning to let my wife know over the weekend and I plan to move out.

Sounds like the reasonable thing to do. Do you have kids with her?

Fortunately not. I never thought I wanted them because she didn't seem too interested. It was never the right time for her. She didn't think we were financially stable for that which wasn't true, she didn't want to ruin her body and any other excuse, she was just getting started with her career. I agreed with her at the time but then I realized I didn't care to have any. Now that I see things clearer, I would like to have some one day but not with her. Her mother being involved would be a terrible situation.

Do you all think she'd be a better wife if it wasn't for her mother based off what I told you?

I honestly can't tell. I just think you two aren't compatible, it seems like you never really were. I think a divorce is the best option. You should have gotten a divorce before sleeping or becoming emotionally involved with another woman of course, but it seems like you know what you did/are doing is wrong, so it's likely you will learn from this situation and will not repeat the same mistakes (first one to become hugely involved with a woman you aren't really compatible with) in the future.
    Last edited by searock; 24-10-13 at 02:19 AM.

I get where you are coming from OP but I still think you could have just ended it before getting involved with another chic. That in it self makes the situation even more messy and really makes your character questionable. I understand why but its still a certain way you handle things. It is best to leave her at this point because where the hell does she get off letting her mother speak to you that way or control her life with you. Since mama knows it all then that's where she needs to be. I still think its silly to be get out of one ****ed up relationship and go to the next who is involved with someone who has baggage. Take care of the first problem first. Don't take her serious either. Divorce, go out and have a good time until you meet the one. I'd still like to know the wife side of the story. She probably was just as bored with you. Good luck.
    Last edited by Starnique; 24-10-13 at 02:21 AM.

The thrill is in the chase. NEVER the capture!

The problem here is you took a situation where you were in the right, and automatically made yourself very much in the wrong. I do not typically have a whole lot of sympathy for somebody who cheats. To me, that is about the worst thing in the world you can ever do to a person.

I cannot in ANY way condone what you did. Your situation (ignoring the cheating, that is) sounds A LOT like mine. My ex-wife was somebody I thought was the girl of my dreams. Once we got married, it started to become very evident that everything about her was one great big lie. She is a selfish, self-centered, nasty person. She is manipulative and childish, and if she doesn’t get her way she might as well be a three year old throwing a temper tantrum because mommy and daddy wouldn’t let her have candy before dinner.

All the same, I would never have even DREAMED of cheating on her. When it became evident that she was NEVER going to change, and that I deserved SO MUCH better, we talked divorce. Hindsight is always 20/20, but that is exactly what you should have done. All the same, I can’t help but feel ever so slightly different about your situation than I normally would about somebody who would cheat. Like I said, your situation hits quite close to home for me. Had somebody ELSE been in my shoes instead of me, I still would not condone it, but I honest to God could not fully condemn them either for it. I used to think NOBODY EVER deserves to be cheated on. Then I got married to a woman who was nothing but a great big lie as I knew her before we married, and my view isn’t quite so black and white on the matter anymore.

Bottom line, though, you should never have cheated. You should end your marriage as soon as is humanly possible. Whether or not your wife deserves you, you at least deserve to be able to know you did the right thing. A little too late for that now, but at least realizing you did the wrong thing, and working to make it right is a good second place.

Good luck. I have to admit, I feel for you a little bit since I had a similar wife. In all honesty, you should probably divorce her, and really should probably take at least a short break from relationships at all after that. But, either way, I wish you the best, and hope you at least learned a lesson through doing the wrong thing.

Okay, this affair just sounds like an affair. It seems like you're not looking for an actual relationship, but just for someone to cater to your needs. Would you meet up with this chick just to down on her like she does for you? Sounds like you just care about your own needs being satisfied. Now you mentioned your wife being concieted and not caring about your needs, is that really true? If so, then talk to her about it. But what kinds of needs is she not satisfying? Emotional or just sexual? Are you catering to her needs? Talk to her about it, maybe you guys can come up with a solution. If not, then maybe you guys just aren't right for each other. Relationships are hard work, and it's not only about sex. Sounds like you just want the sex, aren't willing to do your share, and don't think about other people's needs. Do you really think that if you leave your wife and get together with this chick, that it'll run smoothly all the time? No. You'll have to do some work, and you'll do the same thing to her because you're being a selfish jerk. Plus, you don't even know if she'll leave her husband for you. Maybe all you are to her is just someone she's having an affair with.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123