+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anything I could do for her

Anything I could do for her

Sunday will be three years since my girlfriends mother died. She took the day off from work and Is just going to stay home. I feel like I should do something for her. Should I get her flowers and a card

Can you hang out with her? You should ask her what she wants. She may want to be alone. If it's viable you could offer to go to the cemetery with her.

Flowers & a card would be lovely. Anything to remind her that she is cared about will be a nice gesture.

Just being with her is nice. I wouldn't take her out or something since that will distract her from her feelings. Cry with her.

The most important thing is to be there for her. Flowers is always a safe bet but anything you can muster up as a nice gesture is solid.

Tough one, but I'd respect her wishes. She may need time alone, but also, let her know you're there for when she's ready.

Losing a loved one is always very sad. Losing one as important as a parent is even worse. That is one situation where you certainly move on, but you never get over it 100%. The best thing you can do is to just be there for her. Also no harm in both telling her you are there for her, and asking her how she would like you to be there for her. She may want to be alone, or she may want a shoulder to cry on when it gets particularly tough. She may even want somebody to try to cheer her up when she gets particularly sad. But, if you don't talk to her you won't know. :-) Really, like giving gifts, it is the thought that count. So letting her know that you care will alreay be a big step.

Just let her know you're there for her, whatever she needs.

Don't do shit for her. She hasn't actually agreed to be your girlfriend again has she? Still "building up the trust again"?

You make me sick.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 24-10-13 at 05:40 AM.

Be with her. By her side. Be at her beck and call. A card is always nice. Letting her know you are there for her is the best gesture. Remember you're trying to get back in her good graces, sweetie.

I think you should spend the day with her and comfort her cuddling is always good

You should definitely be there for her and try to take her mind off of it