View Poll Results: Does she have a thing for my guy??

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • She has a thing for him - and will continue to this is

2 50.00%
  • She has a thing for him - Should stop soon? since we're married

0 0%
  • She is just open to everyone

1 25.00%
  • I am being sensitive

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flirty friend and my guy... HELP!

Flirty friend and my guy... HELP!

*I had a flat mate- she was a friend...
    *introduced her to my bf
    *all became a big bunch of friends

*She would text him heappps
    (After this one text - asking him something where that question actually belonged to a friend of ours (member of the bunch), I just texted her back using his phone 'If she (that friend) has a question, i'm pretty sure she can ask herself. You don't have to really put through that effort'
    She replied 'Oh hey (me), sure. But don't get me wrong.. you are just being sensitive and you're taking it the wrong way.'
    Don't know why she said that. Did I say it to obviously or was it her natural instinct? I literally said nothing about how I felt and I dont think my text was so obvious...Not sure...)

*Laugh really loud when he says something, tells him he is so funny and slap his leg... etc touchy feely
    (She does this a lot of other men, but not as bad as what she does to my boy)

*ONLY look at my guy when talking to a group of mates..
    (felt like she was only talking to him)
    this one time..friends all caught up, sitting at a cafe when her guy friend? random guy came along and proposed to her..we were silent and she was shocked the most and didn't know how to react. The first thing she did was look at my guy and tried to calm herself telling this guy she isn't ready etc. thought of him as a friend etc. while continuously looking at my guy at the same time.

---------- -------

*Married
    *All of the above (a little less intense but still occurs)

... My hubby knows how I feel and he loves me heaps and told me that it doesn't matter what she does. I know he is right and I shouldn't be so sensitive about it but I just can't ignore it...

I am still keeping in contact with her all because I like her as a friend and we have that group of friends going on.. Don't want many awkward moments so havent told her until now how I felt or didn't even show it...

it doesn't really bother me anymore but have always been curious about this whole thing- always wondered if she did have a thing for my hubz.
    ...confused... CURIOUS the most! Is she really a friend?? If she really had/has feelings

Please help leave comments/opinions !

Are you 100% sure your partner isn't having an emotional affair with this woman?

If I were you I would joke with the possibility of her liking your guy. See her reaction if she freaks out then you will know.

If all they do is text & the behavior has not changed since he went from your BF to you husband, stop worrying about it. It's an electronic conversation. Even if it has flirty overtones, it's innocent. Especially if your husband has reassured you that her behavior means nothing, why are you still hung up on this?

I think you are just protecting your property. You can't control how your friend feels if she has a crush on your husband...that's her business and not yours unless she steps over the line and she becomes a true threat.

I'm sure your husband isn't so weak that he will forget he is married and screw around with her....give the guy some credit...men do have self control.

Hmm looking directly at your husband while some other guy proposes to her seems like she was seeking confirmation to me...or something like that. Definitely weird. Your husband should jokingly say 'Hey, I'm a taken man!' next time she gets too flirty...it's not appropriate.

Personally, I don't text my friends' boyfriends...or husbands.

I am hoping he did not have any emotional feelings for her or still has the slightest... would be an emotional affair then... but he chose me and now we're married, hope he chose to get married to settle down and get serious?

Haha ye I think that is a good way to test her out~
    it's really funny coz this one time me, my hubby and his mate were casually having a drink when she decided to text me and ask where we were after seeing our tag on fb. She pretty much invited herself and told her story how she likes men like my partner......
    Then his mate let out a very casual comment saying "haha ye but you cant have him! he's taken!"
    I felt like giving him a big fat hug !

Ye i know i dont need to worry about it, not worried really more annoyed!
    I hate how she does those things and really makes me feel bad about her when really i dont want to...
    I lost her trust as a friend and every news i hear about her in relation to guys (not so clean) and never is stable with one guy for a long time shows that she's just flirting w another man (mine) and cant control herself which bothers me more coz even if she has that kind of lifestyle in her she should not do it to her friend. Or maybe im not to her and she's just got this 2 face going on....
    I am always really curious to know how she really feels and I seriously might have to act soon. She how she reacts.
    Havent done it til now simply coz I dont want anything awkward happening but guess she hasn't really changed and she obviously doesn't respect me so I'll just tell her to F*** O**
    :S

So he used to have feelings for her but then chose to marry you?

Ye i know he and every other man out there can control themselves. Same applies to us women...
    But when someone keeps giving you the attention and tell you how funny you are - every comment made positive and supportive.. then that def draws your attention back at them... I do the same most of the time of course coz i love him and wish to support him as much as i can but/and as a wife I don't want to lie about things... I try and sit down with him tell him when somethings not right,

It becomes comparable.

And I hope he knows that even if I don't give him all that positive talk like she does, that I do care about everything and that is why I want to be honest...

I'm not saying I dont trust him or anything but this girl needs to step back and do all that attention seeking to someone else who is single

It is weird :S
    I definitely agree! And it is not appropriate She doesn't respect our relationship and only does what she feels like...
    If it was me and I had feelings for my friend's guy, would not go there.... wouldn't even start that feeling seriously.... the lust would just be controlled and I would not show one sign of it coz I respect my friends and would quickly find my own way of guy-ship with a man who is actually single... its just wrong to do that to your friend...

My close friends and I would never do that to eachother.... I know they respect me and have been close with my partner and I have no trouble with them at all.
    Its so obvious between flirting and being loved by friends as a friend/their friend's partner.

xx thanks

I dont think he had feelings... more the 'like' of attention from her i guess... she gave so many nice comments/really gave him that attention and always told him how she likes guys like him (he's her style apparently). Would really laugh loud at his comments and slap his leg/shoulder,,, tell him how funny he is when no one else is really laughing... just being totally OVER reactive............................

He sometimes denies the fact that she's doing that maybe because he doesn't want me worrying about it, but in the end told me that he doesn't care what she does he doesn't have and never had a single moment of feelings for her...
    Last edited by essy; 24-10-13 at 07:45 AM.

Maybe I should find ways to get her back... like take action
    Would love to hear what other things you guys reckon I should do !

CAT FIGHT IT IS

Why are you so obsessed with this woman? Where are you getting all the energy for a cat fight?

Usually the best way to make women like this go away is to ignore them. Why do you want to continue to make her the center of your world?

If your husband is willing, have him block her # & be done with it. Avoid social situations where she will be. Seriously, ignore her! Don't you have better things to do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast