+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do guys marry ugly women?

Why do guys marry ugly women?

So, I have observed a strange phenomenon. I have been noticing that many of my peers who are ugly/below average are getting married/engaged to pretty decent guys (guys are who well educated and better looking than they are) while the more attractive females are not and many are even single without boyfriends. These females from both of these categories are well educated, are pretty nice (not obvious stuck up bitches), and there isn't a difference personality wise. So, what is going on? Is there prejudice against attractive women?
    Last edited by fearoflove; 24-10-13 at 04:38 AM.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

No: your sample is just way too small to have any statistical significance.

Of course I am not trying to be scientific here. Nothing on this forum is based on science. Just wondering what other people's experience/opinions are.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Is there prejudice against attractive women?
    No, there isn't. What you have observed is an very small amount of people and it has no significance in terms of what most people do.

One reason could be love. They intentionally or unintentionally fell in love with the person and couldn't help their feelings. Love will make you see a person in a whole new light. Maybe they've gotten hurt in the past and used to go out with chics solely for their looks. Now they look into personality and see that looks doesn't matter and its all about what's on the inside. Their intelligent, smart, caring and kind and it makes them beautiful. It's something about them.

Maybe the ugly woman treats them better. They know their lacking in the looks department so they have to be nice and caring. Have you seen a ugly person with a bad attitude on top of it? Total insult in my opinion. You cant afford to be mean if you're unattractive. Ugly woman could be easy to get along with and they don't want no trouble. You notice how attractive women have a certain air about them? Like they have that confidence and they know what they're working with and they have no problem letting a guy know that either. Men can pick up on that too so why not go for an ugly woman? Less problems. Less attention. Some guys are not up for the challenge.

It goes vice versa. I've dated guys who know their good looking and trust me, they act like it and have the egos to match sometimes. Guys know when their attractive too. If you're a attractive woman, that ugly guy will be glad to have you and they take care of your ass. I don't see how girls let ugly men mistreat them. Wtf?! Playing me and then you're ugly? I don't think so.

But that's how it goes. Not for everybody but sometimes.

Also, attractiveness is (by definition) in the eye of the beholder. A guy might be attractive to me and unattractive to another person.

It's simple. When a guy is ready to settle down, they want to marry someone who will make a good companion and a quality mother. From their experience with women over the years, they learned that attractive women tend to be the least stable. Also as you get older, looks matter less compare to character. As I'm getting older, I find myself more attracted to girl who has principles and intellect than I do with girls who just have a nice rack.

I don't think that in general "attractive" women (I'm assuming you mean stereotypically attractive) are less stable and/or have less principles and intellect than stereotypically unattractive women.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Road View Post
    It's simple. When a guy is ready to settle down, they want to marry someone who will make a good companion and a quality mother. From their experience with women over the years, they learned that attractive women tend to be the least stable. Also as you get older, looks matter less compare to character. As I'm getting older, I find myself more attracted to girl who has principles and intellect than I do with girls who just have a nice rack.
    That is just prejudice isn't it? Just because that is his experience with a few attractive women, doesn't mean most attractive women are like that. The stereotyping of attractive women to be unintelligent and/or have a bad attitude just isn't true.

And do you mean "least stable" as being unfaithful, fear she might leave you?
    Last edited by fearoflove; 24-10-13 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post

Maybe the ugly woman treats them better. They know their lacking in the looks department so they have to be nice and caring. Have you seen a ugly person with a bad attitude on top of it? Total insult in my opinion. You cant afford to be mean if you're unattractive. Ugly woman could be easy to get along with and they don't want no trouble. You notice how attractive women have a certain air about them? Like they have that confidence and they know what they're working with and they have no problem letting a guy know that either. Men can pick up on that too so why not go for an ugly woman? Less problems. Less attention. Some guys are not up for the challenge.

It goes vice versa. I've dated guys who know their good looking and trust me, they act like it and have the egos to match sometimes. Guys know when their attractive too. If you're a attractive woman, that ugly guy will be glad to have you and they take care of your ass. I don't see how girls let ugly men mistreat them. Wtf?! Playing me and then you're ugly? I don't think so.

But that's how it goes. Not for everybody but sometimes.
    This really cracks me up!! Hahaha. I totally know what you mean. I have seen people are both ugly and have a bad attitude. And ugly chicks cheat just as much as attractive chicks. I know some girls who are like overweight and sleeps around with multiple men. Nasty.

Are slim girls who sleep with multiple men also nasty? If so, why differentiate between their weights?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

^^This... also, why call women who sleep with multiple men "nasty" at all? A person isn't defined by their number of sexual partners, or the frequency of their sexual activity.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Are slim girls who sleep with multiple men also nasty? If so, why differentiate between their weights?
    I was just making a point about how ugly chicks cheat as much as attractive chicks. Anyone sleeping around with multiple people especially if they are cheating is nasty.

But we are kind of going off topic here because some ladies here are getting overly sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Anyone sleeping around with multiple people especially if they are cheating is nasty.
    If they are cheating then yes, but otherwise why would it be "nasty"? I see nothing wrong with it as long as the people involved are all consenting adults.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast