+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys marry ugly women?

Ok then - going back to your original question: why does it surprise you that men can see past a woman's exterior appearance? Is it because you are unable to see past a man's exterior? And if you CAN see past a man's exterior, why would you assume that others can't do the same?

The only explanation I can see for your whole post is that you're unbelievably shallow
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Ok then - going back to your original question: why does it surprise you that men can see past a woman's exterior appearance? Is it because you are unable to see past a man's exterior? And if you CAN see past a man's exterior, why would you assume that others can't do the same?

The only explanation I can see for your whole post is that you're unbelievably shallow
    What surprise me here is that men are actually NOT shallow. It just baffles me. I am not talking about men who are in their 50s and finally don't care about looks. The guys I am talking about are quite young (24-28) . I would think looks matter to them to some extent. But NOOO. These women are actually really unattractive.

But furthermore, there is nothing wrong with the personalities of the more attractive women. So, why go for a less attractive one, all things being equal.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

But WHY are you baffled? Are you so unlike those who look past exterior appearances?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

But WHY are you baffled? Are you so unlike those who look past exterior appearances?
    Because I keep on hearing about how men desire physically attractive women. People even make business out of the advice they give to help men attain these women.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    That is just prejudice isn't it? Just because that is his experience with a few attractive women, doesn't mean most attractive women are like that. The stereotyping of attractive women to be unintelligent and/or have a bad attitude just isn't true.

And do you mean "least stable" as being unfaithful, fear she might leave you?

That's not what I said. You're drawing the wrong conclusions. It would be like I assume you imply all attractive women are intelligent with great attitude, of course that's not what you are saying. By "least stable" it covers a wide range of aspects, from emotional instability to behavioral. No where did I make a claim pretty girls are unintelligent or has bad attitude. As men grows older, they value inner qualities over outer beauty. Not to say they are mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Road View Post
    From their experience with women over the years, they learned that attractive women tend to be the least stable.
    That's not what I said. You're drawing the wrong conclusions. It would be like I assume you imply all attractive women are intelligent with great attitude, of course that's not what you are saying. By "least stable" it covers a wide range of aspects, from emotional instability to behavioral. No where did I make a claim pretty girls are unintelligent or has bad attitude. As men grows older, they value inner qualities over outer beauty. Not to say they are mutually exclusive.
    You are still making the assumption that attractive women somehow has a behaviour problem.

Because I keep on hearing about how men desire physically attractive women. People even make business out of the advice they give to help men attain these women.
    Do you not make a habit of questioning the things you hear?

Do you not make a habit of questioning the things you hear?
    Yes, I do. That is why I post this thread.

You are still making the assumption that attractive women somehow has a behaviour problem.
    When the shade is light grey you call it black.

Why do you need to post a thread? If the evidence is before your eyes, then what you hear is obviously wrong.

So, I have observed a strange phenomenon. I have been noticing that many of my peers who are ugly/below average are getting married/engaged to pretty decent guys (guys are who well educated and better looking than they are) while the more attractive females are not and many are even single without boyfriends. These females from both of these categories are well educated, are pretty nice (not obvious stuck up bitches), and there isn't a difference personality wise. So, what is going on? Is there prejudice against attractive women?
    I'm going on a limb here and translate this: "So, I have been noticing many of my female friends who are uglier than me, able to find husbands out of their league. I mean here I am much prettier than they, yet those guys didn't pick me but them. What gives? My personality is just as good. What is wrong with this picture? Are men prejudice against my beauty? I'm understanding; it's not like when I ask people for their opinion I will immediately attack their perspective with some stereotypical arguments taking things out of context and debating the extreme. I'm easy to get along as long as you agreed with me. Heck yea, sometimes I can get a little bitchy but that's because I'm right and they are wrong. Why guy can't see that beauty that is me?"

An ugly personality can be much uglier than an ugly face. And everybody gets less attractive as they get old, so personality is more important in the long run.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I'm going on a limb here and translate this: "So, I have been noticing many of my female friends who are uglier than me, able to find husbands out of their league. I mean here I am much prettier than they, yet those guys didn't pick me but them. What gives? My personality is just as good. What is wrong with this picture? Are men prejudice against my beauty? I'm understanding; it's not like when I ask people for their opinion I will immediately attack their perspective with some stereotypical arguments taking things out of context and debating the extreme. I'm easy to get along as long as you agreed with me. Heck yea, sometimes I can get a little bitchy but that's because I'm right and they are wrong. Why guy can't see that beauty that is me?"
    These are the questions that have haunted Jennifer Anniston for years. She is her own worst enemy.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    These are the questions that have haunted Jennifer Anniston for years. She is her own worst enemy.
    When girls who grew up relying on their beauty to get what they want, they don't realize it takes more than that to keep a good man.

I am not talking about men who are in their 50s and finally don't care about looks. But furthermore, there is nothing wrong with the personalities of the more attractive women. So, why go for a less attractive one, all things being equal.
    Damn... you are unbelievably shallow. Why the hell would you assume that men in their fifties "finally don't care about looks"?

What makes you so sure that "all things being equal" is true? Do you KNOW all of these people intimately, or are you just judging by their 'work personality'?

Frankly from your postings in this thread, you're a pretty horrid sort of person and I'd want nothing to do with you, no matter how good you looked.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast